The Plan

To say that their tutoring session later that day was awkward would be an understatement.

Well, for Lauren it was awkward, Camila didn't seem to be affected by Lauren's proposal from earlier in the slightest.

"Hey, did you hear that Spencer and Eli might be going to prom with separate people?" Camila says in an attempt to strike up a conversation.

Lauren flinches at the mention of her friends' names, and at the mention of prom because she remembers the stupid thing she did at lunch in front of hundreds of her peers.

"It's sorta sad, really. They've been together for, what, seven years? Then Eli's step sister just stepped in and did, well, that." She continues, obviously not sensing the older's discomfort.

Normally Lauren would totally be up for gossiping, but not about this couple, no matter how scandalous the situation was.

Besides, she clearly had other things on her mind.

"So, uh, how was math class?" Lauren asks, trying to change the subject, and also resisting the urge to stutter.

Camila looks slightly disappointed, obviously wanting to gossip because contrary to what she's expressing, she feels very awkward being with Lauren considering what happened early.

"Mr. Quinn is being a pain in the ass, as always... I guess." Camila looks down at her fingers, not knowing what else to say.

"That's– that's good." Lauren replies, not really attention to Camila said, too busy looking down at her hands as well.

"How was your, uh... Lip Locking?"

Lauren's head snaps up as she begins to fully assess what happened earlier.

"Hey, can I ask you a favor?" Lauren says to get Camila's attention who was now focusing on the rowdy neighbors that were playing loud bachata music from the house next door.

"What kind of favor?" Camila asks, slowly giving Lauren her attention. For some reason Lauren's breath hitches and she starts to think that her idea is dumb and that she would never agree.

"It's–it's a... uhm... a small favor, I promise!" Lauren stutters, her eyebrows furrowing because why am I stuttering? It's just Camila.

With that in mind, Lauren scoots closer to Camila, and grabs both of her hands. She can feel Camila stiffen beside her but she ignores it, knowing that she'll just end up chickening herself out if she thinks about how unsuspecting Camila is.

She tries her best to regain my cool composure, and without any stuttering, she says calmly ,"Hey, wanna be my girlfriend?"

░░░

"No, Dinah, she asked me out!" Camila says excitedly into the phone, standing in the kitchen while Lauren packs up her stuff in the living room.

"Girl, I know. Everyone knows. Someone probably uploaded it on YouTube. Though I don't see why, does the whole world have to know that Lauren asked you out? Wasn't the whole school enough?"

"Shut– shut up!" Camila says with a smile on her face.

"Don't tell me to shut up, I don't care if you're older than me–"

"I mean that she actually asked me out. Like, for real." Camila says, hopping a bit in her step.

Lauren listens from the doorway of the kitchen, smiling at the younger.

"Like, for real?" Dinah says dumbly, not really believing Camila.

"Yes, for real!"

"Okay, girl! Go get your girl! And remember, don't get freaky until the third date." Camila could feel her wink through the phone.

Camila gasps, face flushing completely, and before she can yell at Dinah, she quickly hangs up with a cut off giggle.

Camila turns to Lauren with a small smile on her face.

"So you've told all of your friends that we're dating, right?" Lauren asks, stepping into the kitchen and grabbing an apple from the counter, taking a huge bite out of it.

"Dinah is my only friend." Camila says with a serious expression.

"Yikes. Okay, so Dinah is sure to spread that around. As long as everyone thinks we're together, people will hopefully stop requesting Lip Locks." She says, reviewing the plan they had formulated earlier.

"Yep, that's the plan." Camila says with an obviously uneased expression, but Lauren doesn't seem to catch it.

Camila knows that there are many upon many ways that this situation could go south, but she doesn't seem to care.

Anything to help Lauren.

____________

YO OKAY ITS SHORT BECAUSE ITS A FILLER IM SORRY I SOLEMNLY SWEAR THAT IT WILLBE LONGER NEXT WEEK

YEP I HAVE DECIDED TO update all of my stories (that I didn't unpublish) weekly because I may not be part of this ship anymore but that doesn't mean that I'm gonna leave yall hanging because MOMMA AINT RAISE NO QUITTER

Okay but like forgive me for this being rushed, like I'm trying to catch up on the last few episodes on Supernatural bc the season finale is on thursday and I'm STRESSED OKAY

Lol love yall

~ InTheseWalls xo