In Case Of SAT Scores

"Another Lip Lock?" my best friend, Normani, asked me from across the table where my other friends and I were seated. She knows how I hate my job. I don't even know why I do it. I guess you could say I'm selfless, but I really don't understand the whole point of doing it. If my ex Luis hadn't bragged that I was an amazing kisser six years ago, maybe I wouldn't be stuck filling this role.

"Yes! After Camila came Keaton Stromberg," we simultaneously rolled our eyes and scoffed, knowing of his massive crush on me, "Alexa," I pointed at Alexa, one of my best friends, who blushed at the awkward memory, "and I had to kiss Luis again even though he's been deemed a good kisser by not only me, but everyone. I swear, everyone in this school hates me." Vero let out an empathatic whimper, squeezing my shoulder because she knew how I felt. After I kissed Lucy, Vero and her started going out and everyone hated them, but soon it all died down.

"But hey, Camila is a good person to be around, and you said she was a good kisser, so she couldn't have been that bad." Ally said, patting my back gently, making me give her an honest smile. Despite her religion, she's happy for every couple in the school and doesn't judge me or anyone for a single thing. If there was a such thing as a great friend list, she'd most definitely be on top.

At the mention of Camila, my mind wanders back to this morning. Her lips were so soft, her responses quick and eager. If my Good Kisser list was numbered by favorite, there is no doubt that she's number one. But she did hesitate at first, which proved that I had given her her first kiss. I smile at the thought, content that I was the first one she did that with.

Wait, why am I thinking about her? In the past month, I've kissed 29 girls and 67 guys, and none of them had ever had this effect on me. Just imagine, I've been doing this Lip Locking shit since the sixth grade, how many people do you think I kiss a year?

Although I hate to admit it, Camila Cabello is something different.

•Camila•

I still wasn't able to get that kiss off of my mind. Although Marielle, Sandra, and Dinah have been bugging me about it all day, they weren't the reason why it was buried in my train of thought. My first kiss, although under awkward circumstances, was the best and anyone who comes after Lauren will have to go through being compared to her.

And after the kiss, Riley did ask me out after the crowd dispersed. Don't get me wrong, he's an amazing guy and not bad on the eyes, but I don't exactly swing that way. My friends say I'm pretty obvious about it, but it seems that no one else has caught on, including Riley.

I didn't know what to say to him, so I just waited until the second bell rang, said I'd get back to him on that, and ran away. I have Riley for six classes a day, and lunch, so it's pretty hard to avoid him, but I've sucessfully managed.

I don't know if I'm the only one who thinks this way, but I think that Lauren Jauregui is truly amazing. Don't gasp at me in indignation, because I did just call her by her given name and not her rather demeaning label The Lip Locker. I've always had a bit of a crush on her, but people are clueless nowadays, so apparently no one has noticed.

Lauren.. she's a selfless person who doesn't seem to be bothered by her job, and she does it without any fees, which points out that she isn't doing it for money. She's socially accepting of everyone, including the ones she's kissed. She has a secret key to happiness that everyone wants to tap into because, of course, happiness is an issue for everyone. She's also a charitable person outside of school and has the best relationship with her siblings, which makes me happy.

But, she's the indifferent kind of person when it comes to that specific level of love, and nothing hurts worse than indifference. Although she's an all around amazing person, she's broken so many hearts since the sixth grade that it's inevitable. People can just be blinded with adoration or lust and go for it, never second guessing the outcome. I know she's never met me, but sometimes I feel like chasing after her with a hopeful heart. But I, unlike most of the idiots in this school, know better than to chase after someone who doesn't want to be found.