Me? Crush? No Way!

Lauren

"So, you're hanging out with CamEEla?" Normani said from my bed, inspecting her nails out of boredom. I scrunched my face and turned around, looking down at my shoes. Why was this taking so long?

"You know, you wouldn't be worrying so much over this if you didn't have a cr-"

"I don't! I'm just helping her study." I said, focusing my attention back on my shoes. My floral boots or my studded heel-toe boots with the vintage clasp? Wait, if I wear my floral boots, I'd have to wear something that matches. My floral croptop with a plaid shirt tied around my waist, or-

"Lo, I know you're overanalyzing your clothing options right now, because that's what you do, even if you don't need to worry about your clothes." Mani spoke up. I heard her stand up from my bed and I turned around just in time to see her walk over to my stereo. She pressed the play button and Amnesia started to play.

"Lo, this song is too depressing." She commented.

"It's a work of art, Mani!" I said, pretending to be offended, knowing that we had two completely different tastes in genres.

She shrugged and picked up my phone, tapping the next button.

"That one song about the english love affair,"

"English Love Affair,"

"-the other song about if you want to know something,"

"Do I Wanna Know, genius."

"Whatever. This one about stealing my girl,"

"Steal My Girl."

"-another one about never being as young as you are now,"

"Never Be, and just put on a song!" I groaned, throwing a heel purposefully at her. She shrieked and threw it back, thankfully landing on my beanbag chair. I decided to choose randomly. I decided to cover my eyes with my hands and I reach out, my fingers closing around what I hope is a pair of shoes. I uncover my eyes and see that I grabbed a can of hairspray.

"What is hairspray doing in your closet?" Mani called from beside me.

"Your guess is as good as mine." I mutter, putting it back where I presume where it was. I go through any seven minutes looking through the floor of my closet, until Normani grabs a pair of normal black boots and tosses them on the bed, quickly grabbing a pair of socks.

Then I spent another few minutes pondering on an outfit, which Mani helped me with by grabbing a pair of light high-waisted skinnies, and a simple white cropped sweater.

"For christs' sake, Lauren. Quit stressing. I mean, you guys are just studying, right?" My silence seemed like a signal to further her questioning.

"Wait, isn't your favorite show getting on in a little bit?" I continued my silence, looking at anything but her eyes.

"Holy freaking-Lo! You haven't even let me watch it with you!" she shouted, pushing my shoulder.

"It's in spanish!"

"It has subtitles!"

"No it doesn't.."

"See, I didn't even know that! Gosh, Lauren, I can't believe it! The Lauren Michelle Jauregui Morgado has a cru-"

"Shut it!"

"Not until you admit it." she shouted, beginning to prance around me and sing songs about love. While she does that, I quickly strip from my clothes and ignore her comments about Camila. By the time I've finished tying my boots, she's singing the kissing in a tree song.

░░░

Camila

"Just leave, Dinah! She's almost here." I said, attempting to push my best friend out the fromt door, but to no avail.

"You just want me to leave 'cause you don't want me to watch porn."

"P-Where did you get porn from all of this painfully embarassing torturing?"

"Well, duh, you don't want me to catch you guys in the act of doing it."

"If it is studying and watching t.v., then yeah, you're right." I said, attempting to do a sneak attack and push her out, which caught her in surprise for a second, but she quickly planted her feet on the ground.

I hear a car roll into the driveway, and we both freeze. I peer over Dinah's shoulder and see Lauren's familiar car parked next to Dinah's mom's car. Dinah stands straight, kisses me on the cheek, and skips towards her car, waving at Lauren, who waved at her awkwardly, a small smile on her lips.

"Goodbye, babe!" She called, digging her keys out of her back pocket.

"You ain't gettin' no mornin' lovin' from me tomorrow!" I shouted after her. She laughed and waved, quickly getting inside the car and speeding away. I hear someone cough and look to my right, staring straight at Lauren.

"Right, so, let's get this started." I said, stepping aside so she could step in. I take a few deep breaths before joining her on my couch.

Please, God, help me not to make a fool of myself.

_______________

I'm donating blood today, so no more updates for the week.

I think that's it..

K, bye.

~ InTheseWalls xo