Found

Jay yawned as he struggled into his clothes, his head still foggy with sleep. As he walked into the small room that was the kitchen, he grabbed a few slices of bread and went back into his room.

Jay looked over the many glass bottles that held his various concoctions: from instant flame to a quick healing potion. He noticed that he needed more plants and herbs for his present medicinal invention, and he was running low on several different herbs he would probably need for later things.

After he had finished eating, he slung his cloak on and tramped out of the house into the damp morning air. As Jay traveled deeper into the forest, he found what he needed without much difficulty as it had rained a few days ago, and the woods were teeming with all sorts of life, flora and fauna alike.

Jay was by the river that was a mile from his house when he suddenly saw an odd looking spot of whitish grey on the bottom of the rocky cavern out of the corner of his eye. He leaned over the edge of the cliff to get a better look. It was some sort of animal. He hurried down the winding cliff path to where it had fallen and gasped in awe as he saw the size and species of the animal. A great tiger lay before him, it's eyes were closed and its hind leg was ripped open and caked with blood. Rasping breaths came from its jaws and it's fur was patchy in places. I can't let it die... Jay thought, touching some of its soft fur.

He re-adjusted his herb bag onto his back so his arms were free, then took hold of the tigers front paws and tried to pull the giant beast forward. The tiger let out a low growl and Jay hurriedly stepped backwards, the tiger hissed through its teeth and reflexively took a swipe at his shoulder.

Jay sighed as he thought of other ways to bring it back to his home without hurting it too much.

Jay opened his bag, taking out a book and opening it, flipping through a few pages till he found what he was looking for.

After dragging it back to the lodge little by little on his cloak, Jay quickly boiled some water and gave the grey tiger a bath, revealing pure white fur under the grime and dirt. He found some strips of cloth and began to wipe away the blood on its leg, but as he looked closer, he saw the head of an arrow trapped in its wound. With a careful hand, he picked it out with his knife. Having finished removing it, he cleaned the wound out and wrapped the tigers leg in a cotton cloth, leaving it to rest on his living room floor.

Jay then decided to go out hunting for a while and leave the tiger to rest. When Jay came back with a rabbit, the tiger was still sleeping soundly. After he cooked the rabbit and ate it, he checked on the tiger again: still asleep...

And the tiger stayed asleep even after Jay re-rapped the tigers leg. As it neared dusk, Jay spred a blanket down next to it and read himself to sleep in the quiet of the cabin.