The Final Act

After the siblings left Pandonor, they ran through the night and into the morning, reaching the border of the capital by the afternoon.

The great city was huge in size, surrounded by mountains and built on a peninsula, water surrounding all but one side.  The city looked more like a fortress then a city, the small towns that surrounded the looming castle were well kept, and well supplied.

Kai looked at her old home, a mixed feeling of joy upon seeing it, and the feeling of her stomach dropping to her feet in loathing at the same time. Her green eyes looked the castle up and down, a low growl in her throat as the two of them watched from a cliff side.

"Kai, it's time. Let us put an end to this." Jorh smiled, extending his arm to her.

She took it, a feeling of courage and rage flooding her as they prepared to set the plan in motion. Jorh took Kai's wrists, wrapping them in rope and securely tying it, then he took his knife, he drew it across Kai's arm, smearing it down her arm and wiping the remainder of the blood on her face and neck.

Kai didn't react to the cut, or the blood, feeling it sick to her face and hair.

Now taking the end of the rope Kai was attached to, Jorh and Kai moved forward towards the city, ready to take Hertha to her grave.

They approached the gate, Jorh presenting Kai as beaten, earning an easy access into the city and many congratulations as well, while Kai received foul looks and words. Keeping her eyes on the back of Jorh's head, she ignored them.

The walk was long, so they tried to hurry it up as much as they could, finally ordering a guard for his horse, they mounted and raced off to the castle, reaching it within the span of five minutes. Kai's stomach was churning, but she couldn't tell if it was rage or nervousness.

As the horse neared the steps up to the throne room, Jorh tugged at the reins and dismounted, pulling Kai off as well. They slowly walked up the stairs, Jorh talked with a guard at the door, explaining his return and requesting an audience.

The guard nodded, immediately going to the door and informing the Queen.

This was it.

Kai took a deep breath as the great stone doors opened into a dark blue throne room, all the curtains were closed, the darkness seeming to swallow the two Pawprints with a dangerous omen as they quietly entered, only giving each other glances.

There she stood, the Queen of the five realms. Proud and fair, but her eyes were sinister, her mouth curved upward in an all-knowing smile, subtlety goading Kai on.

"Captain Blackon! You have not failed me, old friend....." She greeted Jorh with a nod, Jorh bowed, shoving Kai to her knees before the blue queen.

"As promised. One... runaway... tiger." Jorh smiled, his whole demeanor seemed to change as soon as he entered the room. This was the Hunter Kai had feared, the one she had been running from for months. This man wasn't her brother anymore.

Kai kept her eyes to the ground, waiting for Jorh to use his dagger on the ropes around her hands before she made her move.

Hertha grinned, walking down the steps of her throne to Kai's feet. She knelt before the girl, practically bathing in her victory, her eyes shinning madly.

"You know Kai.... If you had just killed your sister like I had suggested... non of this would have happened. You would still have a family, a home, and your little herbalist friend wouldn't be here with me." Hertha laughed, seeing Kai's eyes light up with rage and confusion, taking a glance back at Jorh.

Did he lie to me!? Kai's mind was rushing, but Jorh clenched his jaw, stiffening as a side door was opened as Jay was shoved out, his hands tied in front of him, glaring at Hertha.