Talking

Jay lifted Kai into his arms and carried her outside, laying her on the soft grass that grew in the clearing.

Then he returned into the house to grab a bowl for the water and a cloth.

As Kai waited, she touched the small stream that flowed by the hutch, then she looked into the water, her own lime green eyes peered up at her, then images of a blue tiger flashed before her eyes, followed by a silver, then a gold one.

Kai shook her head as tears sprang into her eyes, she hurriedly wiped them away as Jay came out again.

No one can know... she thought.

Jay dipped the cloth in the cold water and Kai began to wipe away the blood on her leg. As Kai slowly dabbed at the crusty blood, Jay noticed her eyes were red and he wondered if she was in pain... then he wrapped her leg in a clean strip of cotton and helped her up.

She winced but stood anyway.

"You alright?" He asked as he held her arm to steady her.

Kai nodded, her eyes still a little bit red as she lowered her head before she could cry again.

"You sure? It doesn't hurt anywhere?" Jay pried as he looked at her leg.

"Maybe a little..." Kai confessed, trying to lift her leg up so she could walk.

"Nope, you are not trying to walk!" Jay said as he lifted her up in his arms again.

Kai sighed but gave in all the same, knowing she couldn't walk anyways.

"So... where did you get your scar?" Jay asked.

"What?" Kai asked, glancing at her stomach.

"Don't think I didn't notice that six inch scar on your stomach when I gave you a bath..." He said, looking at her. "Tell me."

"It happened when I was younger... an accident." She said.

There was a few minuets of awkward silence...

"Why don't you leave? It must be lonely out here." Kai asked, absentmindedly playing with her hair.

"Because there isn't a town or city for near a hundred miles around, plus..." he added "I have someone I need to take care of..." he said, smiling as he swung Kai onto his back.

The two spent the day outside in the sun as Jay began to help Kai slowly start to exercise her leg.

"See if you can stretch your leg out like this..." Jay said as he pointed his foot somewhat gracefully on the grass.

Kai nodded and tried it, but she winced and mumbled in pain as her lower calf sent shooting pains up her leg.

"Its ok. we'll keep working on that." Jay said, taking her by the foot and very gently pulling her foot out to a point, stopping if Kai felt pain.

Kai smiled and Jay began to take her through the steps of stretching her leg so it would not cramp up when she was walking or running.

Kai enjoyed Jays company and they spent many days together as Jay nursed Kais leg back to health.

Sorry guys! I couldn't wait to upload this. Its one of my favorite chapters...