The days after the run

I am alive!!!!!!! I just have not been on that much because I don't have my computer at all during school days and such... hence, SCHOOL. Thanks for sicking with me though! I'll try once again to have a chapter out once a week. Let's see how that goes. Love you all! <3

It had been three days after Kai and Jay had left the cottage. Nothing interesting had happened in the space of the three days, unless you want to call some light bird hunting "Interesting."

It was the middle of the night, and Kai was sound asleep while Jay was keeping watch. Jay was pacing back and forth softly, his crossbow in his hands, he took glances over a Kai now and again to make sure she was alright.

There was a small rustle in the foliege a few feet away from the clearing.

Jay stopped and looked at Kai, it wasn't a big noise most likely a night animal Jay thought... but something seemed off about it.

He looked at Kai, she needed that rest, she was drop dead tired at the end of every day just as it was... she didn't need to be woken up over some little noise...

Jay shook it off and sat down next to her sleeping form.

He locked the crossbow, pointing it at the bushes. It was quiet for a few more minuets.

"J-Jay?" A voice said behind him. Kai was up and looking at him with her green eyes.

"Yeah Kai?" Jay asked, setting the crossbow down as she wrapped him in his cloak.

"You looked cold, and you should have woken me up, I heard that noise Jay.... " Kai's eyes were a mix of stern kindness and sleepyness.

"I- Well- I would have, but you seem so tired at the end of every day that I thought you needed sleep is all... wouldn't you agree?" He asked, fastening the cloak around his neck.

Kai sighed.

"Let me tell you a little bit more about me..." She said, moving closer to him. "My job before you found me sometimes worked me phisically until the point of passing out, required me to stay up late, and work on only five hours of sleep whenever I was called in... I can handle a little run every day." Kai finished.

Jay still looked unconvinced, but now he also looked cuirious.

"What job did you have?" He asked, braiding her hair.

"Can't say." Kai said simply.

Jay stopped braiding

"Come on... I want to know what worked you till passing out." He persisted.

Humans and their pushing! Kai thought some what annoyed.

"Please Kai?" Jay asked one more time, this time with a kind and soft voice.

"If I tell you, you have to leave it at that. Got it? No questions." Kai said, leaning back onto Jays chest as he continued to braid her hair.

Jay sighed.

"If that is what you wish...." He said, a slight tone of defeat in his voice.

"Thank you.... now... I used to be a Assassin. End of conversation." She said, waiting for his response.

Jay was speechless.

"I knew that but... THAT worked you to the bone?!" He asked.

"Yes... if I didn't kill my target in one shot or was seen and didn't kill my target at all..." Kai stopped, hugging herself deeper into her parka.

"Kai?" Jay wanted her to finish.

"You wouldn't like it." Kai said, starting to feel sleepy again.

"Alright... goodnight Kai." Jay said, picking up the crossbow again.

"Night Jay." Kai muttered, falling asleep.

I will have another chapter out today because I seem to miss all my "one chapter a week" deadlines. Thanks!
Beeeeeeeeeeeeey!