Back on your own four paws

Just as the sun rose, Kai had gotten up and walked outside.

The sun was at the base of the trees and there was a chill in the air, the breeze was cool, and carried the sent of damp trees and pine, it ruffled Kai's hair and played with her skirt. 

She had been here for a few weeks and her leg was almost healed. After she stretched lightly, she tried to ignore the stiffness that was still in her leg.

Jay was still asleep and Kai didn't want to wake him up. 

As she grabbed a drink from the stream, the images of the blue tiger flashed momentarily in her mind.

Kai stumbled back onto the grass, she guessed the sudden movement had sprained her leg as she felt a light soreness in her ankle.

Sighing, she went and stretched again, just to be sure...

Then she went to the edge of the clearing and looked around, there was no one there.

So she turned tiger. Her fingers getting softer and bigger, her hair becoming wild and white, and her body becoming longer. Her ears picking up every noise, her nose sniffing every sent, her paws felt every movement, then she raced off into the trees.

She loved the feel! To be back on her own four paws again, the cold air whipping at her ears and tail, the damp earth giving way to her paws without a sound, the smell of smoke in the air...

Smoke?

Kai, sniffed again, never slowing her pace as she ran towards the faint  smell.

As Kai shot off into the forest to follow the smoke, the wind roared In her ears and a Image of the Silver tiger came into her mind.

No...

She shook her head and slowed to get the picture out of her mind.

Mother...

Tears came into her eyes for a little, blurring Kai's vision and  making her heart ach.

She stopped and wiped her tears with her paws, then she kept running.

After a few more miles of running, Kai began to slow as she came onto a small encampment. there were a pair of men and three horses in the clearing and they were sitting around a fire. 

Or they would if the fire wasn't out.

Kai laughed at them. Then realization flooded her mind.

They were only seven miles from the house! from her and Jay! From the white tiger...

Kai gasped and ran back into the thick of the forest.

Sighing as she neared the hutch again, then she sat in the bushes, waiting for a chance to spring at any prey...

After waiting a few hours in a few different spots, a bear walked into sight, its bloodshot eyes told Kai it had already been in a fight, but It didn't matter to Kai.  She rushed it and sunk her teeth into its skin, it struggled as it was about the size of Kai, but she fought harder and it was dead in a few seconds.

After she killed it, she turned human and slyly squashed herself under the bears body, then turned tiger and walked of with the bear neatly on her back. She surprised Jay with the bear and they skinned it and took some time to cook some of it in the woods outside the hutch, Kai eating whole chunks raw and Jay eating the cooked parts himself.

Jay laughed and held her, Kai's white and fuzzy form pressing against his, Kai looked up at him and licked him, her eyes shining as she did.

Kai stretched her paws outward and nuzzled Jay as he stroked her fur, she purred and closed her eyes, her tail swishing back and forth, her claws sliding in and out of her paws in Joy.

Jay soon fell asleep on the grass and Kai set to groom herself once more, taking a paw, she gave it a huge lick and rubbed it over her ear, then her face, then she licked the dirt off her fur, making it gleam white again.

Then she laid down on the soft grass and drifted into sleep.

well... guess you know about one other colored tiger. any guesses on the others? ;)