Silvia

As Kai opened her eyes, she forgot for a moment where she was, all she could make out was a deep green surrounding her and a protective arm holding her.

She sat up, half expecting to be laying under some dead body from the battle.

A dead body!?

Kai rolled out from under the arm but it moved and she froze, not expecting it to be alive.

I killed it! How is it alive!? She thought, turning her head slowly towards it.

What she saw shocked her: It wasn't even a guard! It was a normal human!

How!? The one that lived here.... she is gone. Kai said to herself quietly.

Then the arm grabbed her hand and all the lost memories came flooding back.

She jumped onto him and gave him a hug. He smiled at her and hugged her back. Then they both got up and Kai apologized for threatening him after all he had done for her. 

Jay apologized as well, knowing that he shouldn't have pushed a painful subject onto her. They soon laughed about it and decided to go for a ride.

They rode along a burned forest, the old trunks black and crumbling with a few new green shoots sticking up out of the damp earth.

Kai stopped a few miles later in a young and green meadow, the mist was light and crisp on her sensitive ear tips and whiskers.

"Let's stop here..." she panted, her chest rising and falling heavily.

"Sure." Jay agreed, sitting on his cloak as Kai padded up to him.

"Hey Jay... I just remembered something..." Kai said as Jay ruffled her fur.

"Hm? What would that be?" Jay asked, half asleep.

"I have never seen your sisters room.... " She said, hoping this would be a good time to talk about the subject.

Jay was silent for a little, then looked at Kai.

"Her name was Silvia..." Jay said, knowing he had to tell her sooner or later."She was sixteen when she died and I still don't know what happened..." His voice cracked slightly. "I went out for a hunting trip with a old friend of mine and I left Silvia at the house, mostly because she insisted on staying.... So I went hunting for a few days in the outer lands. But when I came back, The whole place was a mess, It looked like some sort of battle or something had happened  right outside my home! I looked everywhere for my sister, but couldn't find her. I looked late into the night, the battle had been small, the damage spanning for a couple of  miles around the clearing and trailing off towards the south tier mountains... It was two days before I found her body... when I did, I didn't recognize her, her body had been mauled and shredded to the bone..." Jay choked on his words as tears formed in his eyes, he couldn't keep talking.

Kai closed her eyes... She was now in her human form and she was fighting to hold her tears in as well.

She glanced at her stomach, a sinking feeling forming in her heart...

"We should start heading back soon..." she wispered, looking at the sky.

"Yeah... we should." Jay said, hearing her.

Kai looked at Jay with simpathy as she changed, licking his tears off.

Jay chuckled and climbed onto her back, grabing onto her fur as she leaped to her paws and took off running.