Images

Kai sighed and sank down onto the grass, knowing she couldn't hide her past any longer from Jay.

"I didn't lie about my name... It is Kai." she started.

"Well that's good." Jay cut her off sarcastically, he couldn't trust her if he didn't know who she was.

Kai made no move at his barbed comment and played with a strand of her long, dark hair.

"When I was younger, I had a family... a sister, a father and a mother. We were all tigers, gifted with the power to change our forms into humans. My father was a Gold and white Tiger, strong like a rock, and powerful as an earthquake. My mother was a beautiful Silver... fast and agile like wind... and my sister, blue, as playful as water, and as deadly. My parents also said I had a brother... but he died before I was born. Then there was me... I was always a clear white and could be as quiet as a snowfall, and as cold as one... I found myself being very blunt as a cub. But that lessened as I grew older." It didn't pain Kai to talk about her past as much as she thought it would.

"What happened?" Jay asked, his anger beginning to turn into curiosity.

"Royalty." Kai said. "Before the king died, he heard of our family and wanted us as 'pets'..." Kai spat the word pet in anger.

Jays eyes softened as she said this, but his face made no change.

"He sent his men for me and my family and of course we ran." Kai shifted herself. "My father told me to take my sister and run. I did. We split up and I took her to an old hideout we knew well. But that never stopped them... I can still remember her screaming as they found us." Kai picked a blade of grass and fiddled with it.

Jay watched her and then took her hand.

"You don't have to tell me anymore..." He said.

Kai shook her head. "you need to know"

Jay gave her a nod.

"We were taken into the Kings castle and forced to play pet for his three children... if we did not, we would be punished. He also had his men give me and my family a drug that would keep us in out tiger forms... Of course the children did not know this... I was given to the oldest daughter, Hertha. My sister was given to the second child, a boy named Nolo. my mother was given to the youngest girl, Alina, and my father was for the king himself. Our parents took the change better then we did and we were kept like this until the king died three years later."

"What happened next? Were you free?" Jay asked, great interest in his voice.

"My Child became queen and found out what the King had been doing to us... she stopped the guards from giving us anymore of the changer drug and soon we could be humans. She offered us jobs in exchange for protection. We accepted and that is how I became her servent." Kai finished.

"Protection? From what?" Jay asked suddenly.

Kai shook her head.

"I cant tell you that, If I did, you would probably kill me." Kai said, knowing she had already said to much.

"No, I wouldn't! You don't know that!" Jay argued.

"No, but I know how humans think." Kai said, standing up.

"Who did you kill?!" Jay asked her, grabbing her arm as she turned to walk away.

"Stop. I will not hesitate to use these..." Kai said, flexing her claws, her long hair growing more wild as it started turning white, her eyes glowing a deep, dark green.

Jay let go of her arm, staring strait into Kais green eyes.

A flash of fear surged through Kai as she relised what had happened.

"Jay... I-I..." She stuttered, looking at her hands as the tiny points embedded themselves back into her finger tips, her hair regaining its shiny black color as her eyes went back to lime.

"Kai-" Jay started, reaching for her hand again, but this time slowly and gently.

Kai drew her hand back and ran into the forest, not sure if she could ever face Jay again.

Aw... we ran into a speed bump... dont worry though, it clears up soon.