Don't get in the car. I beg of you, Sam.

I wake up to find the face of a deer staring at me from the window next to my bed. I have to blink a couple times before the image registers, but as soon as it does, I fall off the bed cursing my mouth off, forgetting the window barrier, separating the deer from me. The deer jumps back in alarm at my noise, and sniffs the window. I put an arm on my bed, rising me up, to get a better look. I release a sigh of relief as I remember that I am in my room, and the deer is outside. I rap on the window, making it dash away, so I can start my day. Just as I am picking up my blankets from the floor, I hear the screech of a sound that is my mother through the door. "Sam! Are you up? Get dressed! Your going to go get us some more milk!" I hear my dad mutter something about coffee, and Ada say something about hot coco mix. "And more coffee and hot chocolate!"
"Yeah, yeah. Put it on the list." I reply. Yippee skippy. Nice to feel so valued. I pull on a lime green tank top, and some black Capri leggings. As I'm pulling on my grey slip on shoes, there is a drumming at the door. "HURRY UP YOU SNAIL!" This screech is not of my mother, but Ada. Sometimes I just wanted to smack that hag upside the head. I wanted to smack upside the head my whole family. I grabbed my fucia messenger bag with a sketch pad, sticky notes, and various pencils. I open my door, and there she is. In all her hellish glory. Tapping her foot and a list in her hand with her arms crossed. I grab it and head for the door. I know a good bye isn't worth the trouble. Luckily the closest store should have all of our needs, and I knew a shortcut through the abandoned neighborhood. I cut in between various boarded up houses, stopping at one of them. It's huge, with pillars in the front reminding me of the Lincoln memorial. The three steps leading up to it are worn down severely, and the house is colores a sickly purple. The screen door creeks and I could swear I thought I saw someone in there. I was starting up the steps, when I thought, the more time I take getting the groceries, the less time I'll have for my art. I turn away and head back to the direction of the store. As I reach the busy street that leads to the store that's a mile away, I hear a honking, and a car pulls up in front of me. The driver rolls down the window, and reveals the face of my uncle Tim. Haven't seen him in a long time. "Is that my clever niece Sam?" Tim says, "Why yes, yes it is." I say, smiling, for he was the only one who compliments me.
"Where ya headed kid?"
"Over to the mom and pop shop a mile away,"
"Well that's to far for you to walk! Lemme give you a ride!"
I was reminded of the safety teacher at school, always saying not to accept rides from strangers, but Tim, though strange, with his ponytail of blonde hair, and muffin top, was family, not a stranger.
"Sure." I open the front passenger door, and hop in.

As the car bumps along the rode, I can't help but think about the call I over heard last night. I hope that little girl was alright still. I should've called the cops last night. I should do that now. Just as I was going to ask to borrow Tim's phone, he swerved away from the store. "Hey, um the store is that way." I say. No response. He pulls over. "Tim, the store is still half a mile that way." I say pointing in the general direction. Then, something unexpected happens. He throughs his arm across my chest, pinning my arms to the seat, making me unable to move and with his other hand, put a cloth that reeked over my mouth and nose. I screamed bloody murder, or Tried to. I thrashed, but Tim was stronger than he looked. I screamed, but the sound was muffled by his hand and cloth, and I was seeing dark spots in my vision. My body was getting more exhausted by the minute, and I was in panic. Why wasn't my adrenaline kicking in and giving me a boost?? That's when it hit me. The clothe reeked. It was drugged. I was starting to loose the fight to stay awake, when Tim said in a terrifying voice, "would you look at my new toy? We're going to have fun. The screams will be thrilling."
I blacked out.