the hospital

featured readers:

robotimi (freyja ; age 13)

MilliesStrangeEggos (annie ; age 15)

finnsgreenjacket (grace ; age 13)

oleffs (haley ; age 16)

finn walled slowly to the hospital cafeteria. sure, he was excited to see jack. but he was, at the same time, terrified of seeing the damage this whole ordeal had caused him.

when finn entered the bare room, he immediately spotted jack in the opposite corner of the cafeteria. and he wasn't alone. finn supposed since they were all girls, he should have felt anxious or jealous, but finn knew that jack loved him and finn loved him back. so finn, instead of feeling upset about the four girls with jack, he was content knowing that jack had made friends at the hospital.

now, finn was just concerned with whether or not the girls were sane. they were, after all, in a hospital. but this isn't an asylum, finn reminded himself. but they could be crazy fangirls.

finn hesitantly walked over to jack's table. they hadn't seen each other since the cliff night, when jack had quickly been taken to the hospital to get his vitals checked. since he had been banged up pretty badly from the jump, he had to stay in a regular hospital as opposed to where one would usually go for rehab.

what would jack say? would he be mad about the kiss? it didn't seem like it on the group chat, but what finn feared most was that jack was completely and utterly out of his mind after what he had been through, and that that was the only reason why he had kissed finn back.

but before finn could back out of saying hello, jack spotted him. jack stood up, shoving his chair back, and in one swift moment, he was in front of finn. finn stared down at him, and they both could swear that they had never been more in love than they had right then.

"thank you," jack muttered, barely lound enough for finn to hear. he did, though, and he blushed a deep red before replying.

"just don't do it again." jack smiled before saying one last thing.

"i love you, finn wolfhard." and then he kissed finn, right in the middle of the hospital cafeteria.

when they pulled away, they were receiving three reactions in whole from the room: joyus smiles, disgusted looks, and giant grins and squeals from where jack had been sitting prior to standing up.

finn grabbed jack's hand. "and i love you, jack dylan grazer."

jack smiled bigger than he ever thought he could. he then dragged finn over to his table, ready to introduce finn to his new friends.

when they sat down, the four girls smiled at them.

"let's start the conversation with the fact that jack won't stop talking about you," the girl with short black hair said. "assuming you're finn."

finn blushed, glancing at jack. "all good things, i hope?"

"absolutely!" the younger girl with dirty brown hair gushed. "don't mind freyja; she doesn't know how to deal with cuteness."

"hey!" freyja complained, laughing. "i so know how to deal with feelings. it's just that jack is so in love with this finn kid-"

"anyway," jack interrupted, "let me introduce you all, alright?" they all nodded.

jack pointed at freyja. "this, as you already know, is freyja. she's thirteen. she's really nice; she's the first one who approached me here. really great person, just a bit distant at times. it takes a lot to keep her attention. all it takes it one innuendo, and bam-"

"shut up!" freyja said, trying to hide her smile. finn grinned. freyja seemed really nice, and finn was grateful that she had become with jack in this place.

"next up, we have annie," jack said, gesturing to the girl with brown hair. she looked to be the second oldest. "annie's fifteen, and she's basically the jokester of the group. if you're having a bad day, you just go to good ol' annie and you'll be better in a moment." annie smiled, pleased with the introduction jack had given her. "but one person who is always happy around her, for reasons unclarified, is-"

"stop!" annie clamped her hand over jack's mouth, not wanting for him to go on. but finn got the message: annie probably had a girlfriend, or was crushing on someone at the table. he glanced around, quickly finding the girl who was blushing furiously. finn smiled.

jack pointed to the girl who was trying desperately to calm down her blushing madness. "this is haley. she's sixteen, and even though she's really immature, she's literally the mom friend. she makes way too many gay jokes for being bisexual. seriously, it's gotten to a point where she's basically outed herself to the entire hospital."

"and may i add," haley said, "that i am obsessed with science, which makes me smarter than you. so shut up."

"why does everyone here hate me?" jack pretended to cry. he then turned to the last girl. she had dirty brown hair, and she was smiling at the two boys. "this is grace. she's thirteen, and even though she's the youngest, she's as sharp as a tack and is extremely protective of her friends. oh, and she's the only one who knew us as the kids from it and stranger things, but she's the chillest fan i've ever met, so she's not insane."

"well that's good," finn chuckled. "it's great to meet all of you. thank you for sticking around jack."

"no problem," grace said. "he needed support, and since you weren't here yet, we decided to help as much as we could."

"yeah," annie agreed. "even though we need help ourselves."

"which reminds me," finn started quietly. "why are you all here anyway?"

the four girls shared a look. "it's a long story," haley spoke.

"i've got time," finn said.

"fine," freyja gave up. "but it's not pretty."

a/n: here we goooo
-meli

author: meli
editor: meli
published: may 18, 2017