the funeral

wyatt pulled jaeden to his chest as he bled out in his arms, jaeden weakly sobbed as the pain took him over.

he grasped wyatt's hand, enjoying what he had. of course this wasn't ideal, but as jaeden's world became blurry, he slept peacefully, knowing wyatt was there through it all.

"call help!" he screamed in the direction of his friends, who he followed quickly behind. "call...please!"

but still, as they all cried, they knew that there was no saving him now.

wyatt clung to jaedens shirt, his grip tight. he felt like he was clutching onto jaedens life, his own life.

jack turned to finn, burying his face in his shoulder, sobbing with him.

it was as if by stabbing jaeden, his dad sent a knife through each of their hearts.

wyatt pressed his face against jaedens chest, feeling a last sputter of his breath and heart. his life going out. and wyatt cried into his stained shirt, shaking with fear.

"please.." he managed to whisper, but he didn't understand what he pleaded for. everything he ever wanted was gone.

wyatt straightened his tie as tears blurred his vision and pain contorted his face.

the pain was near unbearable for him. it hurt so much, it expressed itself physically, sending a blooming ache throughout his chest. and the voices came. telling him that he's nothing without jaeden, that it was his fault he died in the first place. he let him walk directly into his father's knife.

he clenched his teeth, remembering the pain showing in jaeden's eyes, dropping with his tears, over every inch of his skin.

wyatt promised he would've given anything at all to hold jaeden one more time. just to kiss him and tell him he loved him. he knew jaeden would blush and giggle, causing wyatt to kiss him again, and again, and again...

but all of that was over now. there would be no more kissing, or hugging, or blushing. there would be no pointless banter, or funny comments, or conversations that were equally entertaining and affectionate.

it was that day; the day they buried jaeden; the day they arrested mr. lieberher; the day everyone from the stranger things cast and it cast, as well as their coworkers, families, friends, and so forth came to the funeral; that wyatt vowed to never love again.

and to this day, he hasn't broken that vow.

it was all a bit extreme.

a/n:
:)))))))))))))
-meli

author: meli & lily
editor: meli & lily
published: june 6th, 2017