Cheaters

I'm getting fucking sick and tired of running around.

After I had woken up from passing out, I went right back to looking for an exit. I was walking now, and so far I've only run into them once. That wasn't a very pleasant experience for my heart. They didn't see me though, at least I don't think they did.

Needless to say, I was on high alert after that encounter.

Didn't I already go through this room? I swear I walked passed the same fruit bowl at least twice before. The rooms were beginning to look as if they were repeating themselves, and maybe they are. I was walking around for what felt like hours before I fell and blacked out, and I had been walking for at least an hour ever since I woke up.

The rooms repeating would make a whole lot of sense. So, I let another question consume my mind. Why haven't they caught me?

Don't get me wrong, I am ecstatic that they have not, and I am scared shitless by what they might do if they catch me. However, I can't help but wonder how that's possible. Isn't this their house?

"Oh, come on!" I yelled, entering the same kitchen for the fifth time.

I kicked the wall in frustration, biting on my nails. It was an old habit that I had when I was stressed.

I began to pace around the small kitchen, thinking about what I should do now. I know that this was the same room, after about the third time entering it I put a scratch in the white paint of the wall. Putting some sort of evidence that would prove that it was indeed the same room.

I stopped dead in my tracks and immediately looked at the wooden brown door that led in here. I thought I heard a noise from the other side. Slowly, I walked towards the source of the sound.

"You just had to do this didn't you?" The voice that I recognized as Jerome said.

I didn't hear Pierro's response, I was already halfway across the room. They were close, way too close, and I'll be damned if they caught me now.

I opened the door that led to a white room with multiple doors. I froze at what I saw.

They were there. My kidnappers were in the white room.

Fuck! I thought, stepping back slowly into the room behind me. They haven't noticed me, yet. The brothers were standing in front of a door, talking. I was very confused because I heard them behind the other door on the other side of the room.

I quickly, but quietly, closed the door and went back to retrace my steps. Turning around to walk back to the door I used to enter the kitchen, I heard a noise.

Pierro, the blond dude, was right in front of the door I was about to go through. Without giving it a second thought, I turned around and ran for the door that would lead to the white room.

Jerome was there.

I halted to a stop and moved to the middle of the two. I looked between them in shock, racking my brain to make up some kind of explanation as to how this was possible.

I guess my face gave away how completely and utterly confused I was because Jerome started walking towards me slowly.

"This house is designed to mess up your head," he began to explain, still walking closer. I was taking steps back, but to the side so that I wouldn't bump into Pierro on accident. That would be very, very, unfortunate.

"If you think that there are hundreds of rooms, you're wrong. There's only ten that we had built, the white rooms repeat. As does the kitchens, bathrooms, and bedrooms. No matter what route or series of doors that you take, this room," he moved his arms to gesture around the kitchen. "Will always be where you end up at. Always."

My back hit a wall and he stopped right in front of me, I didn't really register that though.

"You cheated!" I said, raising my voice in frustration.

"No we didn't," Pierro said, butting in again. "I said we would play a game. I didn't set any rules, except for what happens if you win or lose." He ran his hand through my hair, "Why?" Pierro asked, he then mocked a gasp while clutching his chest. "Don't tell me you're a sore loser!"

I growled and slapped his hand away. "Don't ever touch me again, you damn maniac!"

I tried to push through the wall-like position that they had around me. Just before I had passed Jerome he grabbed my shirt in his fist and pushed me back against the wall.

"What the hell man!? Stop throwing me around like some stupid rag doll!" I yelled, forcefully ripping his grip from me.

"I didn't want you to try and run," he said in a slightly demanding tone.

"Where am I going to go?! This whole fucking house is a damn maze!" I yelled back at him, moving my hands around to illustrate my point.

"Just shut up and come on," Pierro spoke up while grabbing my wrist.

I pulled my hand back from him, "Why are you guys so damn handsy?! Or does it just come with the psychotic-killers thing you have going on?" I said, the last part practically dripping with sarcasm.

That really set Pierro off.

"That's it," the blond said, grabbing the collar of my shirt and getting real close and personal. "Listen here, whether you want to admit it or not, we save your worthless ass!" He yelled, then took on a more serious tone and said, "So you owe us, it doesn't matter if you want to because I'll tell you one thing--you're never leaving. You can fight us tooth and nail, but you'll never be able to leave, and if I ever see you try I'll personally tie you down and--!"

"Pierro," Jerome interjected, "that's enough."

The blond, hesitantly, let go of my shirt and straightened it. Then he stormed out of the room, going God knows where.

The dark haired boy sighed, "Sorry about him, but he is right. We did save you, your aunt would've killed you."

I was too shaken up by what happened with Pierro to get angry or respond. If I was being honest, this whole situation terrified me.

He gave a small smile then grabbed onto my arm, not too tightly--but enough to show that he wasn't going to let go anytime soon, and began to lead me somewhere.

I did my best to try and memorize the way that we went to get back to the staircase. However, it seemed as if he took hundreds of turns and sometimes even back-tracked to the way he came and took a different route.

When we finally did make it he didn't say anything, just dragged me up the stairs to the same room that I woke up in when I first arrived.

He opened the door, walked me in, and then left without a word.

I yelled in frustration and began to kick and punch the bed until I had calmed down. I walked over to the door and tried opening it. As expected it was locked. The only thing by the door was a light switch that turned off and on the lamp in the corner of the room. Which was the only thing giving the room any light.

I sighed and sat on the bed, thinking about what to do next.