I'm Not Paralyzed

He was looking back at me, a smile on his face. "I don't think you know just how happy we are now that you can feel it," Jerome said in a cheerful tone.

I smiled back, content with feeling the sparks run throughout my body. I watched Pierro expertly maneuver around the kitchen with ease. Lost in my thoughts, I began to space out. Which caused me to worry.

I couldn't seem to remember anything before yesterday.

I furrowed my brows in confusion... How did I get here? Wait, wasn't I always here? No--that can't possibly be it.

"Here you go!"

I was yanked out of my train of thought when Pierro placed a plate of pancakes in front of me. He handed me a fork and knife then grabbed a glass cup with juice in it. I thanked him and started to dig in.

Jerome still hadn't let go of my hand, but I was more than okay with it. Though it did make it hard to eat. Pierro smiled in satisfaction, going back to make Jerome and himself food.

The morning passed quickly, the three of us relaxed and watched TV. By the time lunch rolled around, Jerome said he had to go; leaving Pierro and me.

We both continued to watch the cooking channel, sitting next to each other. After a few minutes, Pierro broke the silence between us. "Are you happy?"

I looked at him, confused. "What do you mean?"

He rubbed his face, "This place... Me and my brother... Does it make you happy?"

I reached over and gently touched his thigh in a comforting gesture. "What do you mean? Did I do something?"

He grabbed my hand and laced our fingers together, causing the familiar sensation to run over me. He stared at our intertwined hands and asked, "Do you know who I am?"

I thought it was a joke and laughed, "Of course I do Pierro!"

He remained serious, "Do you know what I am?"

That made me pause for a second. I searched through my memory, knowing that they've told me. "A werewolf?" I answered unsurely.

He smiled a little and nodded. "Okay, last question; I promise." He softly laughed before continuing, "Do you remember how you got here?"

I had an overwhelming sense of anxiety and immediately went on the defensive, "Why are you even asking these questions? You're acting weird."

Pierro's smile dropped and he sighed. He didn't say anything, just held my hand tighter. He looked me in my eyes, he seemed sad. He leaned in closer, slowly pushing me onto my back.

I giggled, "What are you doing?"

The blonde forced a bittersweet smile, "Just let me kiss you one last time." Before I could say anything, he gently placed his lips on mine. The sparks erupted, they may have been even more intense than last night.

I kissed back with just as much intensity. I gripped his hair and pulled Pierro closer, deepening the kiss.

He suddenly pulled away and rested his forehead against my own. I wined as the tingling slowly faded away, "Pierro..."

He hid his face in my neck, inhaling deeply before whispering, "You don't want this."

Now I was really confused, of course I wanted this!

Before I had the chance to tell him this, he pulled away and climbed off me. "Pierro, what's wrong?" I asked while sitting up.

He sighed again and ran a hand through his golden hair. "You don't even remember how you got here, Alex. You don't remember your aunt... What we did," he laughed bitterly. "You would hate us--you did hate us. This is fucked up, and I know this. But I, I don't care; and you'll hate me for that too."

"Pierro, I don't--"

He cut me off, "That's why I'm helping you get out."

***

Pierro told me everything. Though I don't remember most of it, I do remember some. I can't say that I hate him, or even Jerome for that matter. I don't know how I should feel, I don't remember my aunt. When I told Pierro this, he said that over time I'll regain all my memories.

I asked him how this happened, he didn't answer.

Pierro led me to a closet and handed me a pocket knife. He then took me to what I assumed was his room and gave me a flip phone.

"I'll lead you out of here and get you to the main road. After that, use the phone to contact the police." Pierro grabbed my hand and pulled me downstairs, going through the door in the kitchen. We walked into so many rooms, it was hard to keep up with. We stopped when we entered a giant white room.

"So... What now?" I asked. I still wasn't sure if I even wanted to leave.

Pierro smiled at me before tugging me towards a small gap in between the door. After feeling around the wall for a bit, his hand pressed against something; causing for a click to go off and the wall to swing open like a door.

I looked in awe, not thinking about why they designed the only exit and entrance like this.

Pierro squeezed my hand before leading the way through the dirt tunnel.

I was consumed by darkness almost immediately. Pierro picked up his pace to the point where he was running. I was having trouble keeping up, he was too fast. We were running so hard and long that my legs began to go numb. I all but kissed the ground when we finally made it out.

I looked behind us, wanting to see what was keeping me away from the outside world.

The house was huge.

As a matter of fact, a house does not describe this at all. It was a castle.

There were five stories, I must've been staying on the bottom two. All made up of brick and marble. The tunnel that we used to leave was disguised as a cave, giant and menacing.

Pierro pulled me along, cutting my gawking short. We were swallowed by a looming forest, the crickets and animals singing happily.

"Pierro, why are you helping me?"

"Do you want the honest answer?"

"Yes."

"I love you."