You're What?

It was silent for a few seconds. Pierro kept opening and closing his mouth, reminding me of a fish. Jerome was staring at him expectantly, his arms still crossed.

It was a very tense moment; like they could lash out at a drop of a hat. I stayed silent, the thought of running out becoming stronger each second. Pierro cleared his throat and I felt my body strain itself.

"Well, if you insist," the blond boy said in a forced tone.

When Jerome didn't react I relaxed a bit, feeling the atmosphere lighten slightly. Well, at least for me.

I'm actually going to get killed by these psychos, aren't I?

I was snapped out of my depressing thoughts when I heard my name being called. Jumping slightly, I quickly focused on an annoyed looking blonde facing me.

"Are you serious?" He sounded pissed, which I'm finding is how he sounds all the time. "Did you even hear what I said?"

"Why am I still here?" I asked.

They were silent, put-off by my seemingly random question. "Who are you guys?"

"You know our names--"

Jerome started in a calm voice, however, I interrupted him. "You know damn well that's not what I meant."

"You know what?" Pierro said, "why don't we just show him?"

"Show me what?" I questioned.

Neither one of them answered. The blonde boy was staring intently at his brother. The latter appearing to be lost in his thoughts.

"Show me what?" I asked again, louder this time. I might be pushing it--no I know that I'm pushing it, but I just couldn't work myself up enough to care.

"Shut up," Jerome blurted out rather harshly. "I'm trying to think."

"I'm sick of waiting." Pierro came up to me and began dragging me to the living room.

I heard his brother sigh before following. I tried to get out of his grip, but he wasn't letting go anytime soon. I could tell that he was tense, his grip was definitely going to cause some bruising. I assumed it was because of whatever they were going to "show me."

God, I'm scared.

We were in the middle of the giant room when he finally let me go. I tried to keep myself looking calmer than what I actually felt. My heartbeat was banging so hard in my chest that I could imagine it bursting through my ribs. I crossed my arms, trying to hide my discomfort.

"So are going to actually fucking talk?"

They both glared at me, making my heart beat impossibly faster. I should really learn to bite my tongue around murderers.

"Well you heard the man," Jerome said in a sarcastic tone. "Get on with it." He nudged Pierro, encouraging him to do whatever he planned to.

Well shit.

Within a blink of an eye, a fucking wolf was where Pierro stood. And me being the manly and brave person I am; I screamed like a little bitch.

***

"Oh my God! What in the living hell is going on!?"

"Alex, Alex, just calm down," Jerome put his hands on my shoulders and tried to get my attention on him.

I started hyperventilating, I can deal with a lot of stuff--but this is really pushing it.

The wolf--Pierro--whatever and whoever it was, started winning.

"Oh my God, oh my God... How the hell am I supposed to calm down!? There's a wolf in my face!"

I was filled with sheer terror, I had no idea what the big fucking secret was--but this... This is beyond crazy.

"Alex, just breathe."

"No, no, don't--just leave me alone." I pushed his arms off me, moving back. My eyes never left the golden-colored wolf. Their almost black eyes staring right back.

"I--I can't, I literally--I can't." The gold wolf started walking towards me, and I bolted.

I had a brief flashback to when I was running in the woods. The fear, the adrenaline from running for my life. All I've been doing since I got here was run. Scratch that, all I've been doing since my parents died was run.

I slammed the door behind me, I was in "my room." I fell to the bed, panting heavily.

After a few minutes, I managed to sit cross-legged. I put my head in my hands. I was kidnapped by a damn werewolf.