Chapter One- Meeting Someone New

Chapter 1

Run, run, run.

He’s panting. Everything around him is a blur as he speeds through the dense brush that surrounds him. He doesn’t remember the last time he’s had something to eat, drink, even the last time he saw another living being other than that one pig that seemed to look really good at the time. Looking back now he regrets killing the poor thing even though if he hadn’t he might’ve starved for all he knew.

A branch appeared before him, causing him to stumble-flying forward onto the ground with a dull thud. With a groan, he placed both hands on the ground pushing himself to his feet and brushing him off. Nice going Ty. He thought discouraged, continuing to scurry forward on tired legs. To be honest he was completely exhausted, walking and hiding non-stop to get away from them. The ones that had caused his pain-had caused his misery. It’s all your fault in the first place. A voice sneered. I didn’t try for this to happen!  He thought, letting out an aggravated sigh as he looked around taking in his surroundings. He had stopped in a small clearing, showing the vast circle of trees surrounding it. The leaves on the trees moved gracefully at the slight breeze that blew through the clearing.

Snap!

He turned his head quickly, peering around the trees enclosing him. Someone’s here hide. The voice noted. Ty looked around nervously before ducking behind a bush as something walked out from the trees. Placing a hand over his mouth he tried to control his heavy breathing, swallowing away his fear and gathering enough courage to see who this mysterious being was.

Fur? Ty questioned, getting a good glimpse of what this mysterious person was. They had dark brown fur, clothed by a classic suit and tie. Looking up more he noted the creature was wielding a diamond axe, and it had golden eyes. The animal sniffed the air, probably searching for you. He thought as he moved ever so slightly. It seemed to have disappeared the next time he peered around the clearing from the safety of his bush.

“Good…” Ty sighed in relief, standing up on wobbly legs due to crouching for so long.

Suddenly he felt something-no-someone grab the back of his shirt, tugging him backwards and into a chokehold. Ty choked out a squeak of protest, stumbling backwards and fearfully eying the diamond tip of what seemed hauntingly familiar.

“Who are you, and what are you doing here?” A voice growled dangerously, causing him to gulp and clench his eyes shut.

“M-My names Deadlox and I was o-only passing through-I swear!” Ty gushed, opening his eyes and noticing the stranger had lowered the axe from him and had loosened their hold around his neck.

Ty took a deep breath before taking the chance to elbow the creature in the gut sending them bending over with a groan. He quickly stumbled forward whipping around in time to see the axe just barely missing his face by an inch. Falling backwards he crawled away from the beast, getting to his feet clumsily and turning around about to run away. He just about made it a few feet before feeling a crucial pain in his mid-back sending him sprawling on the ground with a cry of pain. Reaching back he felt the warm and sticky feeling of an all too familiar substance. Blood.

“Aren’t getting away too easily.” The bacca grunted, swinging at him again and nicking his cheek making the boy wince and back away.

“Please…don’t do dis’.” Deadlox whimpered, feeling him get lifted with a strong hold of his shirt.