Chapter Seven- Where Are We

Chapter Seven-

This was like a nightmare come true...and Mitch was living it.

Jerome

He felt a cold hard surface, chilling to the bone the more he laid there on what seemed to be the ground. Opening his eyes he blinked a few times before looking around and scrambling to his feet looking around in confusion of where exactly he was. The walls were made of stone, slightly cracked and chiseled in some places showing it was slightly worn down a bit. Letting his eyes wonder around the small area he took notice of Jason laying sprawled out in what seemed to be a different cell in front of his.

"Jason." Jerome whispered out at the still form of the male across from him, watching him with panicked eyes.

"Mmkgjh." Jason gurgled out, shifting a bit from inside his own cell before sitting up with a wince.

"Where are we?" Jason asked, blinking around the small surroundings before glancing at Jerome questioningly.

"We were taken by the same people who took Mitch." He grumbled out, sitting back for a moment before glancing at the blank stone walls of the cell.

No where to escape. There's no windows or anything. Jerome thought to himself with a thoughtful look on his face as a door appeared to have opened from somewhere close by.

"I see you are awake." A voice spoke up, making his head snap up at the figure that appeared at the bars of his cell, hazel eyes peering inside and staring straight at him.

Jerome grimaced a bit, keeping his expression blank as he stared up at the unfamiliar person quietly watching the figure sigh before unlocking his cell with a set of keys. Seeming that now could be the opportunity to escape and find Mitch, he shifted from his position on the ground. Preparing himself to get up and attack the male to get the keys and grab Jason, before heading off to get Mitch. Thinking a bit for a moment at how this could work out, how it could go either way if he decided to go through with his idea of escape.

"If I were you I wouldn't do that." The male before him spoke up again, making him slightly confused as to how he could've known exactly what he'd been thinking.

"How-"

"I can read minds." The cloaked male supplied, with a shrug of his shoulders as he patiently waited for Jerome to catch on before nodding towards the small hallway that lead towards the door he came through.

"Come with me, I need to test your abilities." Jerome blinked taking his words in before shaking his head, and standing his ground where he was.

"I'm not coming anywhere with you." Jerome stated firmly, staring up at the hazel eyes that seemed to glow behind the shadow of the cloak he adorned.

"Fine, I'll grab the warden if that's what you want. Trust me when I say you don't want to meet him, he's a bit of an aggressive guy I would say." The male explained, before an amused look and slightly fearful glimmer in his eyes shown through.

"How do I know you're lying? For all I know you're just saying this to get me to send myself to my appending death." Jerome mused suspiciously, standing up nonetheless at the idea of the warden taking him instead, assuming that that would be a poor decision to make.

"You don't but, its up to you whether you believe me or not. Now come-he won't be happy for such a long delay to his busy schedule." The figure exclaimed, waiting for Jerome to filter out of his cell before shutting the door to it and locking it back up.

As he walked down the long hallway, Jerome locked eyes with Jason, whom he just recently met and made a silent promise to him that he'd try to get him and Mitch out in one piece. Even if it killed him.

When they arrived at the door at the end of the long hallway, the door opened automatically as if it was prepared for anyone who passed through. Carefully, Jerome stepped through the open door and in the dim lighting of another hallway, following the dark silhouette of the male who had gotten him down the hallway and into a large white room that held a plain wooden table and chair. Feeling confused for a moment he felt a sudden pull to this room, like a familiar feeling that someone had been here before. Shaking his head, Jerome sat in the chair with curiosity, wondering how they'd test whatever if there was nothing here to do that with. It was just a room to Jerome, nothing too special about it as he glanced at the cloaked figure cautiously.

"So now what?" Jerome asked, startling the figure as he headed towards him and go to work on securing his arms into the sudden restraints that had appeared out of no where quickly.

"What-" Jerome pulled at the restraints but had no luck, they wouldn't budge at one bit.

"I'm sorry." The cloaked male apologized before heading out the door of the room and shutting it behind him, the sound of a lock making him shiver with anticipation of what's to come.

His eyes flickered to the wall ahead of him, unsure of what was going to happen next as he waited, and waited until a ticking sound filtered through the room. Sounding like a mechanism working behind the wall of the room, something was about to happen and it was going to happen soon. The longer he stared the louder the sound became until everything went black and the room disappeared.

-----------------

When he opened his eyes again he was lying on the ground in the forest, squinting a bit at the sun that filtered through the trees in confusion as to where he was. Where he could possibly be, remembering how he went to search for Mitch only to meet Jason and then get kidnapped and waking up in a cell in some kind of underground base. He remembered the hallway and the white room before everything else seemed to go blank, unable to remember how he had gotten here. It was still a jumbled mess of different images in his mind, scattered thoughts and memories as he stood up from the grassy forest floor and began heading in a random direction thinking maybe he'd find someone who could explain where he was.

Continuing in the direction he was planning on going, he walked for a while longer before hearing a rustling sound behind him, making his head turn in that direction. His eyes narrowing slightly before he kept going straight, pausing again as he heard the whooshing sound of an arrow flying passed his head. Growling lowly, he turned and was faced with an all too familiar figure, his eyes widening as he stared in shock at the familiar checkered hoodie and hazel eyed male he knew all too well.

It was Mitch.

------------

Hey guys how are you doing! I apologize for not updating for so long, it's been a bit of a difficult year for me so far, especially with school and how much I have to do now than I did years ago. It's very difficult to juggle school and updating this at the same time and having time for friends or taking care of myself so I took a bit of a break. But, now that I'm back I should be able to try and update at least once every one or two weeks on a Monday. But if I can't I'll make sure to tell you guys ahead of time and everything. It 's all unsure yet, nothing is completely comfirmed but we'll see. I'd also like to state that the past couple of months I've been dealing with writer's block, not sure how I wanted to start this chapter, or what I wanted to do or where I wanted to go with this story but now, I feel like I have a plan for where this will go. Also, keep an eye out for some Skylox in the next chapter or two, it'll take a look onto the Skylox position and off the Merome for a small bit before its back into the usual swing of things!

That's about everything I wanted to talk about, just making sure to let you know what's been going on and what's too come with this story. Having a great day everyone! x

-------------

Follow/Vote/Comment below if you liked this chapter and want more in the future!