Chapter Five- Taken

Chapter 5-

Everything disappeared as the scenery changed.

“Mitch?” Jerome called out, walking outside after not hearing from him for about an hour or so.

Looking around he scoped the area before frowning slightly not finding him making him puzzled. Where could he have gotten to? Jerome thought to himself as he walked around checking to see if he was even here at all. He paused after a while and looked at the wooden planks to see a piece of paper with writing on it. Bending down he grabbed a hold of the paper and stood up straighter reading it slowly.

Hello,

If you'd like your friends, please come to the mountains. I'll be truly pleased to see you there.

~A

Staring at the paper Jerome’s blood ran cold as he had come to terms that both Ty and Mitch had been kidnapped from some unknown stranger. Turning around he quickly went into the house and grabbed a bag, filling it with a couple pieces of bread and raw fish. He grabbed his axe, Betty, and stood up slipping it over his shoulder and walking out of the house, leaping down from the platform. Once on the ground he began to trek out of the jungle sniffing the air as he walked to see if he could scent his friends. After a while though, he gave up and just kept on walking not exactly sure where to go or which way was what. Sighing Jerome climbed up a mountain, not exactly big but not too small.

There was nobody in sight as he continued up it, until something caught him off guard making him lose his balance. With a grunt he gripped onto the ledge with a hand dangling from it as he searched for the source that had made him lose his balance. Looking up he noticed something-no-someone flying in the air above. The figure was dressed in a spacesuit as they circled around him from high in the air. Narrowing his eyes, Jerome pulled himself up onto the ledge and stood up watching the figure continue to fly around him before gripping Betty tightly.

“Who are you?” Jerome gritted out, closely observing the space person with interest.

The space person didn’t answer, pausing for a moment before flying down and standing in front of him a good distance away. Reaching up they took off their helmet to reveal brown hair and sky blue eyes looking at him. Moving a hand towards Jerome, the boy smiled cautiously.

“The names Jason, you?” He said as Jerome studied him for a moment before shaking his hand.

“Jerome...” Jerome replied coolly, dropping his hand back down by his side.

“So what brings you here?” Jason asked, raising an eyebrow.

“I’m...trying to look for my friends. They’ve been...taken.” Jerome admitted, looking away from the spaceman’s burning gaze as he processed what was said.

“So..they were kidnapped?” Jason questioned, slightly confused.