one

Aria

I shiver under my coat, as the cold Toronto air creeps up my legs, causing goosebumps to appear.

Yeah, maybe wearing a dress tonight wasn't the brightest of ideas.

"You cold, baby?" Abel murmurs as we walk towards the restaurant.

I look at him like he's an idiot. "What do you think?" I ask, shivering.

Abel smiles and wraps his arms around me, instantly warming me up. "Don't worry," he says softly. "You'll be warm when we get in the restaurant." He kisses the side of my head and I feel a smile start to form on my lips.

Me and Abel have been together for a year now. He came into my life at the right time, just when I needed him, I guess. My family loves him - even my dad, who never liked or approved of any of my past boyfriends.

I look up at Abel lovingly and he smiles at me and leans down to peck my lips. His soft lips brush against mine and they linger there for a long time. I twist my head to the side, laughing.

I could honestly melt against his lips, but now's not the time - it's our one year anniversary dinner of when we first met and I'm starving.

When we enter the restaurant, the warm air hits me and I sigh, not feeling so cold anymore.

"I have a reservation under the name Tesfaye," Abel tells the guy at the front desk.

The guy nods and guides us to our table, which is in a private room.

"Allow me," Abel says, stopping me and then scraping back my chair. He takes off my jacket and places it on the back of my chair.

I slide into my seat. "Why, thank you," I say in a posh tone and then roll my eyes playfully.

Abel smiles and places a kiss on the top of my head, before walking over to his seat and sitting down. He looks handsome in his all-black suit. Since he's not wearing a tie, the top two buttons of his shirt is open, exposing his skin.

I want to run my fingers over it, but I've done that way too many times already that I feel like his skin will burn off or something.

The waiter comes in and lights the candles on the table and pours us glasses of champagne.

"Happy one year anniversary, baby," Abel says, raising his glass.

"Happy one year anniversary," I echo, clinking his glass with my own. I take a sip out of my bubbly champagne, looking at Abel, who is eyeing me down like I'm a piece of meat.

"I love you, Aria," Abel tells me, leaning over to place his hand on top of mine.

"I love you too, Abe," I say softly.

Abel smiles and places tender kisses all over my hand and I watch him lovingly. "You mean the world to me, you know that?" he says, squeezing my hand. "I don't know what I'd do without you."

"Me too, Abel," I reply.

The waiter comes in with our menus and me and Abel thank him.

My eyes shift focus from the menu to the table and I just start tracing patterns along it. I start picking at little specks of dust on my light blue dress.

When I look up, I find Abel watching me silently, with a smile on his lips. "What?" I ask shyly.

Abel just shakes his head and gives my hand a little squeeze. "I'm just admiring my beautiful gifriend," he answers and I blush.

"My parents want us to go visit them," I tell Abel after the waiter comes in and takes our orders. "Especially my dad! He's dying to play golf with you."

"Golf?" Abel echoes and I nod.

"Have you ever played it?" I want to know.

"Nope," Abel answers. "Never. The only balls I -"

I laugh. "Abel, stop!" I cut him off, knowing that he's about to say something dirty.

Abel just raises his eyebrows, smirking a little. He shakes his head and bites the smile back. "So, when do you want to go see them?" he questions.

I shrug. "This weekend?" I suggest and he nods.

"Okay," he says.

My parents live in Vancouver. I moved to Toronto for my college studies. Initially, I was planning on moving back to Vancouver after finishing college, but then I met Abel and well, you know how things went.

I feel like it was love at first sight - even though I don't believe in that crap. But it honestly was - Abel was so kind and funny. He always knew what to say to make me laugh or smile.

I remember our first date. He was such a gentleman - bringing me flowers, walking me home, not rushing into anything like our first kiss or sex. He still is very much a gentleman.

Am I the luckiest woman in the world or what?