sixteen

Abel

"I remember everything," I tell Aria, watching as her face twists from confusion to a look of surprise.

"Really?" she whispers, raindrops trailing down her face rapidly as she blinks at me in complete disbelief.

I nod. "Yeah." I start laughing and pick her up, causing her to squeal. I begin to spin her around, just like how I did the night I proposed to her.

It feels like all the jumbled up jigsaw pieces in my head are finally slotting together to make the correct puzzle.

I put Aria down now and she smashes her lips against mine, desperate to kiss me.

I kiss her back, feeling her smiling widely against my lips and pull her closer to my body.

Aria wraps her arms around my neck and I rake my hands through her tangled hair, pulling at it a little as I deepen the kiss by slipping in my tongue.

We pull away from each other after a couple of minutes of kissing and Aria pecks my lips over and over again, smiling as she strokes my wet cheek.

She leans her wet forehead against mine. "I'm so glad you finally got your memories back," she tells me.

"Me too." I grab her face and kiss her again for a long time.

"Let's go home," Aria says once we pull away from each other. She grabs my hand and begins to pull me towards the car.

"Can I drive?" I ask, hands shaking a little.

Aria blinks at me. "You sure?" she questions, raising her eyebrows

I nod and then start chuckling. "Why? Do you think I'll get us into another accident?"

Aria narrows her eyes and hits me lightly. "That's not funny, Abe!" she scolds.

I laugh at her reaction and pull her closer to me. "I know," I say. "I'm sorry, baby. Maybe it's a little too soon to make jokes like that." I press my lips against her forehead and pull away, smiling at her.

"Definitely."

Aria drops the keys in my hand and I get in the driver's seat, biting down on my lip as the memory of the car crash plays out in my head.

I start the engine, put the heating on and begin driving once Aria's in the car.

"I swear I want to take these clothes off," Aria mumbles to herself as she takes off her soaking wet jacket and flings it to the back.

I chuckle. "Go ahead. I'm not complaining," I reply and she laughs and strokes my cheek, keeping her eyes on the road.

When we stop at a red light, I quickly take off my own jacket and put it in the back seat. "So," I say. "Did you think I was flirting with that woman?"

Aria laughs nervously. "No!" she lies and I turn to look at her, raising my eyebrows. "Okay, yes, I did. But can you blame me? Why the hell did you leave without waking me up, anyway?"

The red light turns green and I start driving again. "I thought I wasn't going to be gone that long," I answer. "But then it started raining and I couldn't really remember the way back."

Aria sighs and drums her fingers against the window. I can tell that she wants to shout at me, but is resisting because I've just got all my memories back.

I pull up outside our house and turn to face Aria to find that she's playing with her hair. "Are you mad at me?" I ask, unbuckling my seatbelt.

Aria laughs quietly. "Of course I am!" she exclaims quietly before sighing and running his hand down my cheek. "But I'm not at the same time, so."