epilogue

2 months later

Aria

"Are you sure you're going to be okay?" my mum asks me as she fixes my hair.

I nod. "Yeah, I'll be fine, Mum," I assure her, smiling. I sigh and roll my eyes playfully when I notice a tear slide down her face. "Mum, please don't cry again!"

God, I'm not even in my dress and she's crying for the millionth time.

My mum wipes her tears away and sniffs loudly. "I can't help it!" she exclaims. "You just look so beautiful."

"I'm not even in my dress yet!" I laugh and she just waves a hand dismissively at me. I look at her with a warning look when I notice more tears sliding down her face at rapid speed. "Oh my God, get out, Mum! You're going to start me off!"

My mum laughs and rushes to the door. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" she exclaims as she leaves the room, the door clicking shut behind her.

I laugh and turn back to face the mirror once the door closes. I exhale slowly, feeling the butterflies in my stomach as I stare at my perfectly painted face.

I fiddle around with my hair, which has been done up in a messy bun with a couple of curly strands escaping it and framing my face.

I pick up my phone and look down at the text I received from Abel this morning.

I can't wait to marry you today. I love you x

A smile creeps up my lips and I close my eyes, grinning widely to myself.

This is the day I've been waiting for my whole life. I cant believe it's actually come.

A soft knock on the door brings me out of my thoughts and I get up, pulling my thin robe around me as I go to open it.

I crack it open and peer out to find Abel half-dressed in his tux. A couple of shirt buttons at the top are open and his bow tie is loose under his shirt collar. "Hey, baby," he says, grinning.

I arch an eyebrow. "And what do you think you're doing here?" I ask with a little chuckle.

"I came to see you before you become my wife," he tells me, shrugging. "Can I come in?"

I nod and pull open the door, standing behind it and waiting for him to walk in.

"You look beautiful," Abel tells me once I've closed the door and turned around to face him.

"You don't look so bad yourself, Tesfaye," I reply, walking up to him and placing my hands on his chest.

Abel smiles and looks at me lovingly before leaning in and kissing me gently.

I wrap my arms around his neck and kiss him back, smiling against his lips.

"So," Abel says when we break away from the kiss. "Are you ready for me to make the rest of your life a living hell?"

"Ha ha," I say sarcastically, hitting him playfully. "But yes. I can't wait for you to ruin my life."

Abel chuckles and pecks my lips again. "I got something for you," he says. He brings out a box from his pocket and hands it to me.

Taking the box in hand, I open it to reveal a necklace with a diamond dangling from it.

"I love it," I tell Abel.

Picking it up gently, I hand the necklace to him and turn around, waiting for him to put it on for me.

When he's done, Abel kisses my back and I turn to face him again. "I got something for you too," I tell him. "I was going to give it after the wedding, but you're here now."