New Knowledge

Summer after Lillian's death

It had been a couple weeks now since the last time anyone had heard from Camilo. What happened near his dear school had been too hard to handle alone. He needed time. He needed space. The heartache from the devastating loss of his beloved Lillian created a thirst for revenge that only he could fill. The poisonous ambition drove him to isolation. Although his mother, Bonnie, tried her hardest to fix his broken heart the only way a mother could, she knew the hole in his heart was something only time could heal.

Days after his arrival, while walking through the streets of Mystic Falls, Camilo spotted a vampire feeding on a teenage girl. He was waiting for the vampire to stop, but it just kept feeding. Death was waiting for the girl. Camilo tried to stop him by yelling, but the vampire wasn't paying attention to him. Rage was growing as Camilo saw no obedience from the vampire. Camilo then used Expression to give the vampire multiple aneurysms. The vampire's blood vessels started bursting rapidly, making him fall on his knees. The girl ran away and the vampire fainted. Although, Camilo kept going to the point of breaking the vampire's bones and making him bleed out. When he realized what he had done, he stopped and ran to his house. This is when Camilo discovered his magic was out of control.

Camilo then took it upon himself to reapply to The Salvator Boarding School for The Young and Gifted, in hopes of finding someone who could help him deal with his loss. He had heard of witches and warlocks who can go into a sleep-like state which helps them do whatever they want inside their minds and/or outside their bodies. Camilo thought that doing this could help him make peace with himself.

Even though, looking for this said witch or warlock was harder than it seemed. He didn't know how she or he looked like, nor his or her name, he knew nothing. That's why he started reading the school's books and try to find anything on those type of witches and warlocks. After weeks of searching and finding nothing, he asked his old friend Sophia Northside for some help. Luckily for him, Sophia knew a bit more of what he was looking for. "Those are sorcerers and sorceresses. You might want to look on that book, you'll find everything about them there." Sophia said pointing to a thick old book in the corner of a bookshelf.

Sorcerers and sorceresses are commonly known for the practice of Quantum Magic, a power that allows the sorcerer or sorceress to twist the rules of science and mysticism around.
Where the physical portion of quantum physics may lack, or are ill defined in, the pataphysical extent fills in and broadens its otherwise unexplored horizons.
Through usage of Quantum Magic, a practitioner is able to exploit both the natural and supernatural forces of the meta structure to infinite degrees, giving the user all but unlimited possibilities to work around with.

As Camilo finished reading this, he looked backwards as if someone had been watching over his shoulder. He quickly closed the book and left to his room.

The next day, Camilo woke up and read more about the sorcerers. When he got to certain pages, they weren't there, someone had ripped them out. At the entrance to the library, Camilo could see Sophia with another girl heading towards him. "Hey Camilo, this is Audrey Aldo, she's a friend of mine, she's also a witch." Sophia said introducing a beautiful tall girl with long-wavy-black-shiny hair, blue eyes, pink lips, slim but thick-curvy body and white skin. "Hi, I'm Camilo, nice to meet you." "Likewise Camilo, I'm Audrey. What brings you to the Salvatore School? Oh, I see" Audrey said as she saw the sorcerer's book. "Well, I might not know much about them but I do know that they are very powerful and call themselves the keepers of the balance in the universe. If it wasn't for them, life on earth would be much more complicated for every other creature." "Well, you know more about them than I. Maybe you could help me find out more." Camilo said looking deeply into her eyes very interested in the stories they might hide. "I might just slow you down." Audrey responded. "I highly doubt it. I insist, please." Camilo said.