Outburst

Steve's POV

My eyes searched for Bucky and Sarah as soon as we disembarked from the Quinjet in DC. We were the last team to come in; everyone else should have been back hours ago. I walked down to Sarah and Maria's office; seeing light coming from under the doors, I let myself in and shut the door behind me to see Maria watching Sarah and Bucky with amusement.

They were having what looked like an intense argument in Russian, but from the looks of it, neither one was winning. They had both showered and changed, and I immediately noticed the small marks on her face that were already almost healed.

"What's this about?" I asked Maria, settling on the edge of her desk to see them better through the connecting door.

She stood up and came to stand next to me, crossing her arms in front of her. "He's upset that she got hurt today, she's explaining what happened."

"I really need to master Russian," I said with a shake of my head. "I always think they're up to something when they do this."

"You wouldn't be wrong part of the time, but yes, you do." She smiled briefly before becoming serious again. "What didn't you want to tell me over the coms earlier today?"

"That second mission – to get the rest of the team back – should never have happened. None of them knew how the hostiles got the drop on them. Whatever they used had them out cold until right before we landed."

"I agree with you, Steve. The Strike teams are all made up of highly trained, incredibly resourceful men. They've done this kind of mission a thousand times before and this has never happened."

"Is it our mole?"

"I don't know, but it kind of looks that way. We didn't give assignments until they were in the air."

"So it's someone on the teams or high enough up to have the details of the assignments."

"Basically," Maria agreed. "I think they're done arguing..." Her voice dropped off as she stared in shock at Sarah and Bucky kissing passionately not five feet from us before her eyes flicked to me.

"It's a long story," I said with a smile, "but yes, I'm okay with this, among other things." I raised my voice slightly when they broke apart. "Let's go home, guys."

"Steve! You're finally back," Sarah said as she launched herself at me, kissing me lightly as she hugged me.

"Sorry I'm late, doll. Things took a little longer than I'd planned today."

"It's about time," Bucky said, smirking at me. "I was thinking-"

"That's a dangerous pastime, Buck." I quoted the Disney movie we'd watched last weekend. He snorted as he made the connection as I stood up. "Night, Maria. See you tomorrow?"

She shook her head at me. "Take a day off, Steve. You, too Sarah, James; it's after midnight already anyways."

"Thank you, Maria."

I leaned over and kissed her cheek, smiling as she flushed. Sarah pulled her into a hug, whispering in her ear for a moment before heading for the door with me. Bucky took the cake, though, sweeping Maria into his arms and kissing her soundly, much to everyone's surprise. Sarah's eyes widened, but a smile hovered on her lips, so I knew she wasn't upset with him.

"That's how you thank a woman, Stevie," he said, grinning at me as he started to let go of her, leaving her looking at him bemusedly, her cheeks even pinker than before. "Especially when she's as good to you as Maria is."

"What the hell?" Clint said from behind me. I hadn't even heard him come in Maria's office, but he tended to move quietly. He stood in the doorway, glaring at Bucky, who was still holding Maria in his arms.