Trackers

Steve's POV

Captain Rogers, Miss Evans is on her way to Mr Stark's lab to discuss her security measures.

"Thanks, Jarvis. I take it she wasn't pleased with the set up?" I stopped what I was doing and headed for the door, looking back to see that Bucky was still sitting on the bed.

Not particularly.

"Come on, Buck. I told Tony we'd back him up when Sarah found out about her security details."

He stood up and came over to me as I opened the door to the hallway. "You think she'd talk him around?"

"Yup. She's got him wrapped around her finger most of the time."

Bucky moved to my right side automatically, putting the knife he'd been toying with away. "I don't think he'd budge on her safety. He did talk her into staying at the hospital longer." We walked quickly to Tony's lab, hoping to beat Sarah there.

"True, but Dr Blake also had direct orders from Fury to not release her until she was in the clear. Heads up, Stark," I said, stepping over Lucky and shaking Tony awake. He'd fallen asleep at his computer again, Lucky napping at his feet. "Sarah's on her way to discuss her security."

Tony rubbed his eyes and sat back in his chair, yawning widely. "What time is it?"

"A little after 4. We got here a couple hours ago."

I watched as Lucky saw Bucky and immediately jumped up on him, trying to lick his face. Bucky said a word in Russian and Lucky sat, tail wagging expectantly. I smiled as Bucky gave him attention, scratching behind his ears and murmuring to the dog. Lucky hadn't liked all the commotion, so we'd brought him over to Tony's earlier today so he could check the place out.

"Jarvis, how long have I been sleeping?" Tony asked, stretching his back.

Three hours and 12 minutes, sir. May I point out that it was most needed? You were at 56 hours without sleep to that point.

"Tony, why haven't you been sleeping?" Steve asked, pinning the inventor with a stern look.

"I can't. Every time I close my eyes, some new horror comes to mind." He absently stroked Lucky as the dog abruptly insinuated his face in Tony's lap. He was a very smart dog who seemed to know when someone needed comforting. He'd adopted the whole team quickly, much to Sarah's amusement.

"What are you guys up to?" Sarah said as she walked in. She handed us all chocolate chip cookies and leaned down to pet Lucky, laughing as he licked at her hands, cleaning off the crumbs. "Sorry boy, none for you." She turned to give Bucky a look. "No, chocolate is bad for dogs, James – don't give him any of your cookie! Lucky has special dog treats if you want to give him something."

Tony smiled and reached in his desk, pulling out a bag of them and handing them to Bucky. "Pepper bought an assortment, but he seems to like these ones. What's on your mind, kitten?"

"Papi – why on earth are there so many cameras in my room?"

"So I can keep an eye on you."

"I'm 18, Papi – not 2! I won't have every move I make filmed like I'm a criminal in prison."

"Kitten, it's not like that," Tony protested.

"Do you have cameras in your room?" she asked, raising an eyebrow at him.

"Yes."

"Are they turned on all the time?"

He hesitated, so she asked Jarvis instead. "Jarvis, are the cameras in Tony's bedroom filming constantly?"