Something New

Christine Daae was being abused and beaten by her father.....again. He has done this ever since her mother died at the age of sixteen. That was four years ago. Her dad took up alcohol a few months after he mom died. That's when the abusing and beating began. She did fight back only lie their helpless. It was an hour before he decided to stop.

"Leave me from my sight!" Her father ordered. Christine only slowly got up because of her, as she called them, 'minor' injuries.

"NOW!!!!" Her father screamed. Christine got up more quickly and ran to her room. Which was in the attic. She moved up their by force. Just so her father never saw her again.

She went to an old trunk and took out one of the Medieval gowns her mother owned. She put it on and put on a crown made of fake flowers. That also had a ribbon attached so that it flowed down with her hair. She then put on some shoes and was done. Christine wasn't playing dress-up. She just liked the feeling of her mothers gown on her. It was sort of a way to keep her close. Her father never found about it, nor did he care.

Christine then went out the window, on down the roof, carefully and got to the ground. Her house was near the woods and she like that. Her mom took her to a special place their that was just theirs. It was like something out of a fairytale. She got there when the sun was shining so brightly, it made herself look radiant and beautiful. But she didn't care about looks. She just liked being their in the warm sunshine.

Her mom loved to sing and so did she. They sang together quite often. Christine always had wanted to be a professional operatic singer. Her mother was her teacher and taught her many songs and how to sing them. She started singing one of hers and her mother's favorites.

Think of me, think of me fondly
When we've said goodbye
Remember me once in a while
Please promise me, you'll try

When you'll find that once again you long
To take your heart back and be free
If you'll ever find a moment
Spare a thought for me

We never said our love was evergreen
Or as unchanging as the sea
But if you can still remember
Stop and think of me

Think of all the things
We've shared and seen
Don't think about the way
Things might have been

Think of me, think of me waking
Silent and resigned
Imagine me trying too hard
To put you from my mind

Recall those days, look back on all those times
Think of those things we'll never do
There will never be a day
When I won't think of you

Flowers fade, the fruits of summer fade
They have their seasons, so do we
But please promise me that sometimes
You will think of me

When Christine was done she heard clapping behind her. She gasped and turned around. She saw a man with a white mask covering(to her point of view) the left side of his face. he also looked handsome on his visible aside of his face and looked very tall.

He was smiling and her. Christine felt embarrassment all over. Her cheeks blushed red. Apparently he noticed her looking a bit frightened.

"I'm terribly sorry. I didn't mean to frighten you. Your singing caught my attention. It was beautiful."

She didn't know what too say. "Oh, um, thank you. I didn't know if anyone else was out here."

He gazed at her for a second "Forgive me, but it seems I have forgotten to introduce myself. My name is Erik, Erik Destler."