Something Bursting

When the car stopped Erik Carefully yet gracefully carried Christine out of the car. After taking a couple of steps Christine stirred awake. She found herself looking into Erik's eyes. Both had the same intense look. Christine smiled and said something to finally break the tension. "Hey, did I um fall asleep?" 'Boy was that a stupid question.'

Erik smiled back "Yes" Feeling she might need more of an explanation "I didn't want to wake you. You seemed so peaceful." His voice grew into a soft tone then he regained himself before he completely melted and blew his cover. "You had a long day and I didn't want to wake you."

"I understand" Christine didn't want him to let go, but she didn't want her feelings to be revealed yet. "Um now that I'm awake though..."

"Oh yes of course" Erik understood and placed her on the ground gently. Before Christine could take her first step though, she felt la huge cramp on her bottom left leg. She covered her mouth, suppressing her agonizing cry of pain.

"Got a Charlie Horse, 'eh Christine?" Nadir joked around after parking the car.

"NOT FUNNY NADIR!!!" Christine said more loudly than she planned. He face took on a look of guilt. "I'm sorry Nadir, it's just, It really hurts." Christine bent over and grabbed her leg as another shot of pain went through. Erik was very quick and took her in his arms once more. At that exact same moment they both thought 'It would seem fate wants us to be together'

"Well I guess, I have no choice but let you carry me." Christine said with a smirk.

"It would seem that way, yes." Erik replied with a smirk of his own. They both laughed, leaving Nadir in a puzzling look. They all walked in Erik laid Christine down on the couch. Then quickly getting his homemade medicine he put some stuff on a rag and went to her. Christine realized what was happening and rolled up her pant leg. She winced when a slight bit of pressure had been applied on her leg when rolling up her pant leg.

Erik didn't want to see her in pain. He then gently grabbed onto her leg and applied the pressure. It hurt for a few seconds, then Christine felt better and somewhat relaxed. Though really, what made her blush was Erik's hand on her leg. It was to help keep her study until he was done. 'If he only knew....Wait! Why can't I just tell him? Oh that's right, he doesn't love me back. Or does he? I mean I really don't know for sure. But he could only like me as a friend, nothing more. I'm not worthy to be 'his' in a sense. He's smart, funny, talented, amazing, sweet, kind.....I'm just average, nothing extraordinary.' She felt something cold on her leg interrupting her thoughts. Inhaling sharply, she noticed him giving her a 'are-you-okay-look'.

"I was just shocked from the sudden cold pack is all." he nodded. Then continuing he kept the packed on her for a few minutes longer. then he wrapped her leg in a bandage, tightly.

"I think you should take it easy on this leg for a bit." Christine nodded her head in the positive. Then looked down again on her leg. All of a sudden a thought came to her mind that made her feel horrible. She must've had a look on pure horror and guilt on her face because he asked

"What is it? What's wrong?"

"I completely forgot to thank both of you for the amazing day. That was the most fun I had in a long time. The most happiest I've been in a long time, thank you so much." Christine elaborated, a bit to much by her thoughts.

"I'm glad to see that you are happy. I must admit, this too is the happiest day I had in a long time. Being with you, riding, getting to know you more, loving you more, hearing that song you sang-"

"What did you just say?" 'did he just say he loves me?'

'Crap! I didn't just say that out loud, did I?' "Hearing you sing that beautiful song?"