The visit

The next morning Christine woke up feeling happier than usual. She blinked a few times and remembered what happened yesterday. Smiling she got dressed and went downstairs to make breakfast fro her and her dad. When that was done she quickly moved onto doing her chores, so that she could have a free day. Then packing a lunch for her and Erik she headed to her room. When all of a sudden she heard the bell ring. Placing the basket of food down she opened the door. What she saw was not a sight she wanted to see, or deal with right now.

"Raoul" Christine said annoyingly, to her ex-boyfriend. Though she sometimes wondered if her knew that, when he was drunk.

"Christine, I need something from you." Raoul's voice trailed off a bit. She noticed he was drunk and smell awful. Mainly do to his cologne and the smell of alcohol. She kept a strong composure, trying to not show any types of weakness.

"What is it Raoul?" Christine didn't have time for this. Then Raoul suddenly went inside closing the door behind him. Then looking at her with a strange sort of lust in his eyes, he backed her up until she fell onto the couch. Then getting on top of her and removing her skirt.

"RAOUL!! STOP IT!!!" He pressed his lips onto hers forcefully.  Removing her blouse until only her undergarments were showing. Not letting her move, she struggled and tried to break free, but to no avail. When he took a few deep breaths, she took the opportunity and kicked him in the stomach. He backed up a few feet from the force, then hitting her in the face, leaving a huge bloody mark on her cheek, he went to the door.

"Slut!" He yelled then gone out through the door to his car. Christine got up, put her clothes back on, cleaning herself off, then taking the basket she headed out the back door. Fortunately she was glad her father didn't see that.

Her father had tried to 'sell' his daughter up from sex and marriage. Just to keep his family's lineage alive. When he found out about her and Raoul, he jumped on the opportunity and gave money to Raoul, just to force her to have sex with him. When they broke up, he was furious and had beaten her more times than ever. Still he paid Raoul to come every Saturday to 'make-out' with her.

She hated that but can't do anything about it. Except avoid him, which was impossible since he came almost every Saturday. If her father saw that he would have to beat her to the point of gushing blood. She was very thankful he was away at 'work' all day. She then left to go to the woods, to see Erik.

Erik had been wanting to see her again ever since he heard that voice. He was in for a surprise yesterday when he saw her. It was like, mother nature gave him an opportunity for a friend, maybe love. He shook the thought away. Who could ever love a person that was hideous as he was. But something about Christine was different. It was like she related to his pain, without even knowing it. Because he too had suffered beatings, but it was when his father died and his mother beat him. For about the same reasons, alcohol and depression.

He reached the place where they met last time. The place where he first heard her sing. 'Her voice is exquisite......' He drifted off, but snapped out of hit when he heard someone walking his way. He turned around and saw her. He couldn't help but stare, this girl, this woman. Certainly she was like no other.

"Hi." Christine said with a smile.

"Hello, Christine how are y-" He stopped short and noticed the blood from her cheek. His happiness was replaced with concern and worry. "Did he do this to you?"

She looked confused at first, then suddenly remembering her cheek, her eyes widened and her hand instantly went to the mark on her cheek. It had healed a little, but it still was bleeding, a lot. She took her hand of and noticed the blood on her hands.