o n e

lafayette

The uber pulled to a stop in front of King College. Lafayette grasped his bags and scrambled out of the car, slamming the door. It immediately sped away, and he flinched.

Was he really that much of a pain?

Aaaah, stop, Lafayette, you're overthinking this. He took in a shuddering breath and stepped through the door. He was greeted by a desk.

A salty-looking woman glanced up at him from her computer. "You the exchange student?" Her eyes seemed to stare at Lafayette judgmentally and he nodded. "Oui."

She handed him a packet of papers. "Here's your schedule, and your rooming. You're in room 176."

Lafayette blinked, overwhelmed, and she waved him away briskly and went back to her computer.

He stared at the papers. Room 176.

Taking a deep breath, he gathered his nonexistent courage and headed toward the stairs.

Approaching the door, Lafayette swallowed. He spoke mostly French. This was going to be really, really difficult.

Lafayette raised his hand to knock, but it was swung open before he could.

The person almost ran into me. "Bonjour," he whispered, forcing them to stop.

"Oh, hi! Are you our new roommate?"

Lafayette blinked, understanding most of what he was saying. "Oui."

The frenchman examined him. He was pretty short, and had fluffy hair pulled into a ponytail. His face was adorned in freckles—by that I mean a lot of freckles, and the grin on his face intruiged Lafayette.

"Great. I'm John Laurens, but just call me John. Hercules Mulligan is in there. We're waiting on another transfer student from the Caribbean." He paused, looking the frenchman over. Lafayette was suddenly uncomfortable. "You're the one from France, right?"

He understood less than half of what this John was saying, but it was okay. He heard France and two names, as well as transfer student.

"Uh, oui. J'appelle Marquis de Lafayette, but you can call me Lafayette." His thick French accent hung in the air.

John nodded. "I'm gonna get some groceries. I'll be back." With that, he strutted away down the hall.

He entered. Hercules, he believed, was sitting at a table using a sewing machine and aggressively drawing in a sketchbook.

"Bonjour."

He turned to face Lafayette. He grinned upon eye-contact, and he froze. Woah. He was attractive, and by that Lafayette meant really attractive. Like. Woah.

He was panicking and felt his face turning the color of roses.

Hercules stood, blinking for a second. "Are you one of our exchange student roommates? I'm Hercules." He walked toward Lafayette, sticking out his hand.

He dropped his bags and shook it. "Oui. I'm Marquis de Lafayette, but... you can call me Lafayette."

He grinned at the French baguette. "Well, Lafayette, welcome."

———
This was really short guys I'm sorry haha