t w e n t y - s e v e n

trigger warning ; homophobic slurs

lafayette

When Lafayette finally woke (luckily on a Sunday with no classes), Hercules was not there. Alex and John weren't either, and Laf was alone in the dorm. He checked his phone. 10:42 in the morning, and no texts from Hercules.

He'd gotten a message from Alexander.

alex & lafayette
10:15 am
ham sandwich: John and I went to get coffee. We'll be back at 11:30.

Lafayette sent back an "oui" and set aside his phone. That explained where Alex and John were, but not Herc. Maybe he joined them at the last second? But why wouldn't he text Lafayette?

Laf sent him a text. It didn't go through. What happened to Hercules' phone? Had he blocked his number??

Lafayette let out a deep sigh, crossing the bedroom and walking into the living room. As he neared he noticed a paper on top of the counter in the kitchen.

Lafayette picked it up, reading it quickly and nervously.

Dear Lafayette,
I found out about your thing. You're trans. And you didn't tell me? Why? Didn't you trust me enough? I though you loved me. Just like I used to. But not anymore, Lafayette, I don't think I can.  You lied to me! And you're a disgusting trannie. I can't believe you're so gross, and you let me believe you were normal. We're done.
— Hercules Mulligan

Lafayette let out a choked cry as he let the paper fall to the floor. No, this was not okay!

French mumbling escaped his lips. He himself didn't know what he was saying. He was panicking. Why would Herc leave him like that? How did he find out about Lafayette's being trans? Only John knew. And John wouldn't tell.

Lafayette grabbed his phone, and his keys, and his jacket. He didn't bother to change as he threw it on and rushed from the door on the chilly November morning. He had to get out. He had to leave, at least for now.

He felt sick. He wanted to die. He ran downstairs and out the door, eyes blank and emotionless. Even as he passed the ever-silent Aaron Burr, and the Schuyler sisters, he did not stop. Zut.

i know it's short as all fuck, but i need to decide on something and can't do this chapter all the way without it so here you go
im gonna work on the jeffmads one now