t h i r t y

all of you hate me whOOPS
wish i could see the looks on your faces when you read this chapter ;)

hercules
"Laf?" Glancing around, Hercules felt his pocket to called the Frenchman, but it wasn't there.

"Laf?" he said again, blinking. He was sitting in the middle of a crowded mall on a bench; one he recognized, thank god, but without a car or his phone or any way to get back to the apartment. Hercules narrowed his eyes. How did he get here?

He stood. Once again, peering through the crowds, he saw nobody he knew—not anyone from the college, surely.

Hercules wasn't sure if he should leave, and hop on a bus or something, or stay here and wait for something unknown to happen. He was stressed, and anxious.

Where the hell was Lafayette?

Actually, that wasn't a problem. Assuming everything but his place was normal, Laf was back home. Hercules knew where he was, too, but— a payphone.

Across the court, next to a McDonald's, sat his only way home. He raced toward it, relieved beyond belief it wasn't out of order.

Punching in Lafayette's number—yes, he'd memorized it, it was easier to remember than his name—Hercules let the phone ring.

Someone picked up.

"Hello?"

"Hi! Laf, it's me, Herc! I'm at th—"

A loud, shrill beep let him know that Lafayette had hung up in almost a hurried fashion. There went the rest of his money.

Why had he hung up? What was going on? And once again, how in the fresh hell did Hercules get here?

He put his face in his hands, feeling his heart drop. Something was wrong. Something was very, very wrong.