t w e n t y - t w o

intense almost-smut kissing warning

no pov

The next morning, the four woke up with flooding recollections of the night before. Lafayette and Hercules had woken up still in their beds, but facing each other.

John and Alex had woken up in John's bed, tangled up with eachother.

They were clothed, though, it seemed more like they'd fallen asleep snuggling.

Nonetheless, that's how Lafayette and Hercules found them that morning. Lafayette took a picture and sent it to Hercules, Peggy, and his group chat.

Hercules snorted, waking them up.

Alex and John stumbled out of John's bed. "Mornin," John murmured tiredly.

"How was last night?" Alex pressed, a twinkle in his eye.

Hercules and Lafayette shared a glance, as did John and Alex.

"Well, we're dating now," Hercules said quickly, a smile apparent on his face.

Alex and John didn't know that. They were unaware because while Herc and Laf were having that conversation last night, Alex and John were kissing.

So their surprise and excitement was real. "Really? Can I be your best man?" John squealed. Lafayette chuckled. "Were only dating, mon ami. Take a, how you say, chill pill."

John burst out laughing at this and Hercules grinned.

Alexander then said, "So, John and I..."

John shook his head at Alex, as if to say, "don't tell them."

Alex took note of this and finished with, "...we just hung out last night."

"Really?" Hercules teased. "You were snuggling."

Both their faces burned red. "Yeah, so?" Alex said quickly.

"Mhhhm." Hercules laughed and stepped out of the room with his french baguette on his tail.

john

John glanced at Alex. "So..." he whispered, fiddling his thumbs. Alex grinned. "Laf and Herc are dating. It only makes sense if we did, too," he grinned.

John blinked. Well, that was forward. "Oh—! Okay, I mean, is that okay? I'm okay... okay, I'm not okay." John smiled pathetically, but he was cut off quickly by Alex's lips crashing against his own.

For a second, John was stunned. But soon, he kissed back. Alex pulled John up against his body so there was no space between them. John gladly obliged. Alex pushed John forward and the two collapsed onto the end of John's bed, all while not breaking the kiss. Alexander's tongue swiped gently across John's bottom lip, sending a tingle down John's spine. He opened his mouth just slightly and Alex slipped his tongue into it.

John tugged on Alex's shoulders, pulling him even closer than before. Alex explored John's mouth, and he returned the favor. Alex's lips trailed from his mouth, down his jawline to his neck.

John had to bite back a moan.

Suddenly, the door slammed open. "Holy merde!" came a very French squeal.

Hercules burst out laughing. John shoved Alex backward, causing Alex to stumble and crash into Lafayette, who almost choked with laughter.

Hercules pulled out his phone and aggressively started taking pictures. He giggled, and John sat on the bed, stunned and blushing like crazy.

"So... we're dating," Alex whispered.

"Ooo~ Knew it!!" Lafayette screeched.

Hercules started texting someone. "Hey, are you sending those pictures to someone?" John snapped.

"Nooo..." Hercules hit send and shoved his phone back into his pocket.

About fifteen seconds later, the door was knocked on aggressively and Lafayette ran and opened it. As Alex, John, and Herc filed into the living room, they saw Peggy and her sisters standing there with Burr and Theodosia.

"What are you guys doing here?"

"So Herc and Laf are dating and John and Alex? Boy, oh boy, this must be my lucky day!" Peggy squealed, ignoring Alex's question and inviting herself inside.

Something—a look on Eliza's face—made John flinch a little. She looked disappointed, almost helpless. Suddenly, she smiled and shouted, "Congrats!"

Angelica burst out laughing. "Great shipping, Peggy."

Aaron Burr and his girlfriend also stepped into the room. "The Schuylers grabbed us and brought us here," he explained.

Aaron chuckled and slipped away, and John heard him whisper "Dude, save me," into the phone.

Ten seconds later, the door was opened again. Standing there was Jefferson and Madison. "Got your call, Burr," Jefferson said coolly. His eyes flickered around the room. "Dammit, you gays."

Angelica chortled. "Oh, honey, you're not slipping away that easily. We know you're gay for eachother."

Jefferson opened his mouth to disagree, but Madison's face turned bright red and he his his face in his sweater. "Fine. We're dating," Thomas admitted, pulling Madison closer.

A clamor rose in the room. Peggy shouted "I'm dating Maria Reynolds," at the top of her lungs over the yelling. The noise stopped. "You're what?"

Peggy shrugged. "Everyone was saying who they were dating so I assumed I could too." The whole room goes silent.

and then Eliza chuckled, giggling the words, "How fun."

Angelica snickered. Aaron and Theo clasped hands and lifted them toward the sky. "Still goin' strong."

Angelica grinned. "Still aromantic."

The room laughs, and Lafayette yells, "I'm making a group chat, mon ames! What shall we call it?"

Jefferson yelled, "The Southern Motherfucking Democratic Republicans!"

Aaron choked. "Thomas, that's our group chat."

John grins, enjoying himself. "What about the Revolutionaries?"

Lafayette agrees and makes a chat, texting everyone.

John blinked. "Wait, wait, why is everyone here?" he asked, tugging Alex's arm.

Thomas snorted. "Same."

originally this chapter and next chapter were the same but I had to split them becuase it would've been too long and I'm a lazy fuck