e i g h t

we interrupt your regularly scheduled programming to bring you a bonus JeffMads chapter // this is happening while Herc, Laf, Alex, and John are chilling at the zoo

thomas

Thomas Jefferson rolled over. He had been lying on his back on his bed. His roommate, James Madison, was on the other twin bed reading. He glanced at him before sitting up. "Hey, Mads?"

James coughed before facing him. "Mm?"

"Do you ever get lonely?" To be quite honest, Jefferson's question surprised him. He hadn't known he was going to say that. He didn't even know what he'd planned to say in the first place.

Jame's surprise was apparent on his face, and he slowly set his book down. With a little cough, he said softly, "What do you mean?"

Jefferson flinched at his roommate—and best friend's—words.

Since Jefferson had the money, he'd payed the college extra to only have one roommate instead of three others.

He knew nobody would barge in unless an emergency happened, and something that had to do with him.

So he knew it was okay for him to spill his velvety magenta guts to his best friend.

"James?" he murmured, even though he already had Madison's attention. "I meant... I meant myself. And you. We're best friends. Did you ever... I don't know... long for something more?"

Madison froze.

And made a noise that he covered with a cough; but Jefferson knew it wasn't a cough. He knew everything about Madison.

Jefferson pushed off his bed and made his way across the room to Madison, sitting down on his roommate's sheets.

Madison sat up. "Thomas? What are you implying?"

"I'm implying, Jemmy, that I think I like you. A lot."

Madison blinked, and then coughed twice, eyes wider than two moons.

And Jefferson took the chance to fill in the space between the two, a kiss that they shared, soft and warm and full of something he hadn't felt in a long time.

And then it was over, and his parting words were, "No homo, bro."