Chapter 2- New Friends

It was 12:04 and I was in the lunch line waiting to get my food. I held my tray and looked around the room. So many people, fit into one room. They were loud too. "What can I get for you today?" said the lunch lady in a monotone voice. Her eyes looked droopy and she had a blank expression, like this was the most boring job ever. 

"Um, what do you have?" I asked.

She sighed. "Mashed potatoes, Mac n' Cheese, Baked beans, Tossed salad, and Apple juice." she said, pointing to the various foods as she named them. 

"I'll take... Tossed salad, Mac n' Cheese, Baked beans and Apple juice please."

"Okay." 

She put everything I asked for on my tray.

"Thank you." I said

"Mhm."

I scanned the room, looking for a place to sit. 

"Ayana, come sit with us!" said Deetranada at a table with the guys I met earlier and some other people I didn't know.

I speed walked over there and sat down. 

"Hey." I said. 

"Hey." they all said. 

"I'm Yara." said a light skin girl with high cheekbones and dark brown, fluffy shoulder length hair. "This is my boyfriend Jacob."

"But everybody calls me Princeton." said Jacob. He was caramel skinned with a curly black afro.

"Nice to meet you two." 

"This is my girlfriend Shadiyah." said Roc.

"But you can call me peachez." said a caramel skinned girl with upturned eyes and long curly jet black hair.

"Hey, I'm Skai." said a short dark skinned girl with big black eyes and a huge afro puff.

"Hi." I said.

Devonte came and sat down at the lunch table with us.

"Oh and this is my cousin Devonte." said Roc.

Devonte smiled. "Oh hey."

"Hey." I said with butterflies in my stomach.

"We meet again."

"You two know each other?" asked Roc.                                                                                                                    

"Yeah we in biology together." said Devonte.

"Oh fr! That's ti-" started Deetranada before being cut off by Nova running up to the table with his lunch tray.

"YUNG GAWD IN THE HOUSE!!!"

"Here we go..." said Peachez. Yara and Princeton busted out laughing.

"Nova you're so extra." said Skai.

"THE PRINCE OF NEW YORK HAS ARRIVED!" said Nova.

A light skin boy with an afro and a pick in it sat down at the table. "Yes I have arrived." he said.

 Keon reached across the table and daped him up.

"Wassup I'm JI." he said to me.

"I'm Ayana." I said.

He looked at me for a second then said something to Devonte in Spanish. They both started chuckling. Roc heard them, smiled and shook his head.

"Ya'll takin bout me!?!" asked Nova, frowning.

"Dude. You PR and you don't even speak Spanish?" asked JI laughing. "And no we not talking bout you bruh."

"I speak spanish!!" exclaimed Nova jumping up. "Ain't that right Alexia?!!?" he said pointing to this short senior girl, with very curly hair who kinda looked like him.

 She turned around.

"Nah, I tried to teach you, but its still rough. " she said.

"FR ALEXIA??! HOW DID I KNOW YOU WERE GONNA SAY THAT!?" he yelled.

Alexia rolled her eyes. "BRO! WHO CARES!!" 

"Sibling fight!!" yelled Keon.

"I CARE ALEXIA!!" 

"Nova, you're a newyorkrican. Nothing bad about that."

"I'm PUERTO RICAN, you are too!! So why are you with ZERO!?" asked Nova.

Zero, the senior guy sitting next to her, suddenly turned around.

"HE'S A DOMINICAN! WE NOT COOL WITH THEM REMEMBER!?" yelled Nova, pointing at him.

"Oh sht." said JI. "It just got real."

"I LOVE HIM NOVA!! WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT THAT!!" exclaimed Alexia.

"AND I LOVE HER!! LEAVE ME OUTTA THIS!" yelled Zero.

The three of them continued to argue. I just ate some more of my food.

Keon was right, this school is crazy...