Chapter 17- Car Ride

Devonte's POV

It pulled out the driveway with Mia in the back in her car seat. My Mom told me to run errands because she had to work and Dad was still at the auto shop. They never let let me drive one of their cars, so they have me use the the extra car. This guy gave it to my dad at the shop one day. Its not mine its just an extra car for the family.

Mia was occupied with her tablet. We stopped at a stoplight. I still didn't know where I was gonna take Ayana for our date. I looked in the backseat to check on Mia. She had her earphones in with earmuffs over them. I lauhed. She can't hear a thing. I decided to call JI. He's been on a lot of dates, so he should know where to go.

He answered. "Hello."

"Aye bruh, I need your help." I said.

"Wassup Jay?"

"I still don't know where to take Ayana for our date." I told him.

"YOU DEADASS?!" he exclaimed.

"Yes, I'm deadass."

"Take her to a nice dinner somewhere, then go for a nice walk in the park and watch the sunset by a stream. SIMPLE." he said.

"You know what? I like that, I thinks that's what we finna do."

"Good but LISTEN."

"What?" I asked.

"LISTEN!"

"Ok I'm listening." I said.

"LOOK AT ME."

"JI we on the phone, how am I supposed to look at you? You fried."

"THEN LOOK AT THE SCREEN...... ARE YOU LOOKING?!"

"I'm looking.." I said. He's lowkey crazy.

"DO NOT GO TO CENTRAL PARK." he ordered.

"Heard you." I said.

"DON'T!"

"Okay. Why though? What happened?" I asked.

"Cuz its dangerous asf!"

"Oh fr?"

"Yeah bruh, I took Ska--" he caught himself. "I took the sky into my eye for art and painted a brilliant picture of it one day."

I laughed. "MAN FOH!!!" I exclaimed.

"What???"

"Bruh I knew what you was about to say!"

"Man whatever... I don't what you talkin bout.." he said.

"MHMM. But thanks for the idea bruh I gotta go, we at the store now." I said.

"Aight no problem, peace."

"Peace." I said before hanging up.

I parked the car. Mia was now singing along to something at the top of her little lungs.

"T U V W X Y AND Z! EYES LET US SEE!!! A TOILET IS WHERE WE PEE!!"

I got the shopping list out.
"Mia we gotta go." I said.

"Apples are red!! Hair is on our head!! BUNNIES LIKE TO HOP, RAIN DROP, DROP TOP!!!"

What kind of preschool song is this?

"Aye Mia." I said. She couldn't hear me at all.

"BEES ARE BLACKANDYELLOWBLACKYELLOWBLACKANDYELLOW!!! When they sting, they attack! The trampoline let's me BOUNCE BACK!!"

"Mia!"

"NO ONE LIGHT SHOULD HAVE ALL THAT POWER!!! THE CLOCK IS TICKING, I CAN JUST COUNT THE HOOUURR!!! Scared of the dark, I feel like a COWARD! 21 CENTURY, RUBBER HAS BANDS!!!"

"MIA!!" I yelled. She looked up and took an earphone out.

"Huh?" She said.

"C'mon we gotta go inside." I said laughing.

...................................
TO BE CONTINUED. Keep voting guys! <3