Chapter 18- Just became a fool house

Devonte's POV

Mia and I walked into Kroger.

"Stay right here." I told her.

I went to grab a cart. Then I picked her up to put her in the cart.

She kicked the air."No! I wanna walk! Imma big girl!" she yelled.

I sighed. "No you're gonna run away from me and get lost. Get in, let's go." I said.

"..fine."

I put her in the cart and we went to the produce section. I pulled out the shopping list.

"Javier." said Mia.

I was still reading the list. "Hm?"

"This boy at preschool wants to be my playmate for recess." she said.

"You need to stay away from these lil boys Mimi. They ain't no good." I told her.

I'm kinda overprotective with her, but she's my baby sister so what do you expect?

"So does that mean you're no good?" she asked. I laughed.

"No Mia." I said.

"Why?"

"Cuz I'm your brother. Every boy who's not related to you has the cooties ok?"

Her face scruched up. "The cooties?!"

"Yeahhh.." I said trying to hold back from laughing. "You don't want to cooties do you???"

"Ewwww noooooo!" she exclaimed.

This was the only was the way to get her to stay away from boys till she outgrows the lie.

Her first boyfriend's gonna have a hard time with me, lmao. Imma have to interagate his ass.

"That's why you gotta stay away from boys ok?"

"Okay." she said. I grabbed the bread and headed to the next isle.

My phone started ringing. It was Dad.

"Hey Dad." I said.

"Javier! When you done shopping I need you to get home."

"Why, what's going on??" I asked.

"Carlos is in town and he staying wit us." he said.

Carlos is my 19 year old uncle, my Dad's baby brother. He lives in Belize but comes to visit often.

"fuck." I said under my breath.

He's an asshole, who I can't stand. Roc hates him too. All he does is eat all of our food, make a mess, never clean up after himself, and treat me like shit.

"Ok dad.." I said.

He hung up. I let out a long sigh.

"What's going on?" asked Mia.

"Carlos is coming."

Her face lit up. "YAYYYY!" she exclaimed jumping up in the cart.

Carlos is her favorite uncle. Evertime he comes around, she forgets about me and hang out with him all day. He becomes the new big brother. It pisses me off, because she's MY sister, not his.

"Aren't you excited Jay?" Mia asked me.

"No." I simply said.

"But why?? He's so fun and cool!" she said.

"Cuz he a bit-, uh bad person and he annoys me." I said.

"But he's nice to me though!" she said.

"I know, I know." I said.

We finished up shopping, I paid for everthing with the money Mom left on the counter, and drove home.

When we got home, Carlos wasn't there yet. I smiled, hoping he would never come, but I knew he would. We have free food.

<< <O> >>

2 hours had past. I was laying on the living room. couch. Mia was upstairs taking a nap. I scrolled through my phone looking for good parks in NYC, since JI told me not to take Ayana to Central Park so I was looking for another one.

The front door busted open and in walked Carlos.

"Wassup bitch?" he said to me before going straight to the fridge. I ignored him.

He took a random container of left-overs out of the fridge and got a fork out of the drawer. He stuffed his mouth with food.

"mmm, this shit good." he said. "damn."

He licked the container. I rolled my eyes.

"So you a mute now?" he asked. I continued to ignore him.

He slapped my phone out of hands. I immediately jumped up off the couch. "TF are you doing?" I asked.

"Nah, WTF are you doing?!" he laughed. "Growing this nappy ass hair out thinkin you sexy! UGLY ASS!"

"Leave me alone Carlos." I said, trying to stay calm.

"No muh'fucka!" He went on. "You just salty Mia got the good hair and not you!"

Now you see why I hate his ass? Not only is he irritating for no reason, he's thinks he's better than me, cause he's lighter with "good hair". Out of all of his brothers, including my Dad, he actually is the lightest one. He always has his hair waved at the barber, but I've seen his natural hair, it's courser than mine. That's why everytime he makes fun of my hair being curly, he sounds like a damn FOOL.

I turned on the TV and turned up the volume. Then I tightened my black hoodie hood around my face, to drown out his rambling.

"Ole cuban face, emo runaway slave lookin ass!!" he exclaimed.

"ugh, shut up." I muttered.

"YOU BETTER GETCHU SOME DAMN S-CURL! TAKE CARE OF THAT SHIT ASAP!"

That was it.

I stood up an lost it. "MAN JUST TF UP!! FIRST OF ALL!! DON'T TALK ABOUT MY HAIR..." I snatched his obey beanie off exposing his unwaved, short, kinky hair. "WHEN YOURS IS THE SAME WAY!! YOU ANNOYING THE SHIT OUTTA ME! I'M TIRED OF THIS COLORIST BULLSHIT! HOP OFF AND FVCK OUTTA HERE!!"

Then I snatched my phone from off the floor and went upstairs to my room.

"IDGAF!" I heard him yell.

Now that I was away from him, I could finish planning that date. I looked at various parks and finally chose one. It had a beautiful walkway with good scenery.

"..now what restaurant should I take her to??" I asked myself. I'm not rich, but I wanted to take her somewhere nice.

"OH!! That's where!! " I thought, finding a good one.

I sent Ayana a text, letting her know the time and day. I put my phone down, laid back and smiled. I couldn't wait.

...................................................................

Carlos is annoying isn't he? Keeping voting and stay tuned for the next chapter to see how Devonte and Ayana's date goes!!