Chapter 20- Drive-by

It was a chilly Monday morning, which was unusual for a May day. The wind was crisp and cold, Ayana shivered. Chill bumps formed all over her bare arms. She stopped walking and pulled her jacket out her heavy backback. After putting it on, it blocked the chill of the air.

Ayana smiled from the thought of where she was going that night. Devonte made her forget all about Nicole. He was an escape from her worries and problems. If only Nicole could have a change of heart or find someone else and leave her alone.

A car had been following her for 3 blocks. Ayana didn't notice, she was too wrapped up in her thoughts. The car drove up next to her on the street, then they rolled down their tinted windows, revealing who it was. In the driver's seat, was Alyssa. Nicole was in the passenger seat and Taylor and Keisha were in the backseat.

"HEY LIL BITCH!!" Nicole shouted. 

Ayana's head quickly turned to see them all holding bebe guns. She immediately took off running at full speed. The girls sped after her, while shooting. Ayana dodged the pellets a best a she could. As small and rounded as they were, they still could go through her flesh; not all the way through, but just enough to do her harm and leave a wound.

She flew around the corner. Her heart was racing faster than the speed of light.

She screamed as pellets violently hit her back. She felt two break skin and one pierce her back. Despite the pain, Ayana kept running. Five more pellets hit her legs and arms in different places.

The girls laughed. Finally, as the chase got close to the school, they stopped shooting. As Ayana kept flying down the street without looking back, she heard Nicole warn her:

"YOU TELL ANYBODY ANYTHING...WE'LL USE REAL GUNS INSTEAD NEXT TIME!"

They sped off in the other direction, leaving Ayana out of breath, badly wounded, in pain and extremely scared. She decided to proceed to school despite what had just happened.

In Alyssa's car
"Good work girls! We showed her black ass who the fuck is boss!" Nicole congratulated.

"Yassss!" agreed Alyssa.

"Hopefully that hoe learned her lesson." said Keisha.

Taylor just starred out the window, watching the cars go by. She felt guilty about what they just did.

"Don't you guys think that was a bit harsh?" she asked.

"No." said Keisha, opening her lip gloss and putting it on.

"But what if she's really injured badly?" Taylor asked.

"Are you getting soft on me Tay?" asked Nicole, looking straight forward.

"No.. bu--"

Nicole cut her off. "Don't. We're the savagettes, we don't show any remorse. Ever."

Taylor sighed. "Yes Nicole."

"Let's go get McDonald's to celebrate! Who gives a fuck if we're late!" said Nicole.

"Yassss girl, let's go!" agreed Keisha.

Alyssa pulled into the nearest McDonald's parking lot.

At school

Ayana ran through the double glass entrance doors, she rested her hands on her knees, breathing heavy. Thankfully, everybody who could be in the hallways, were in their classrooms at the time. With small bleeding wounds all over her arms, legs and back, Ayana went into the bathroom to wash them off before anyone saw her. The bathroom was empty, she let out a sigh of relief. The crazy experience replayed in her head, as she cleaned the wounds on her arms and legs with many rough, paper bag brown school paper towels. Since she didn't have any band-aids, she decided to clean the wounds and wear her jacket for the rest of the day.

Ayana's POV

I didn't think Nicole would take it this far and do this shit. I knew she hated me,  but I never thought she would actually use a weapon on me. Thank goodness those weren't bullet guns, or I would be dead right now. 

I turned my back to the mirror and looked over my shoulder. Even more wounds covered my back, blood was still running out of them. I lifted up my shirt to see metal pellets still lodged in my flesh. After painfully pulling it out, I started to carefully wipe off the blood with a damp paper towel. I winced at the stinging as I wiped.

Just as I reached for another paper towel.. "Hey Ayana!"

I turned around to see Deetranada and Peach. Damnit.

"H-hii." I said, stuttering.

"Girl is you good?!" asked Peach.

"Yeah yewr look hurt." said Dee.

"Um-" I began to say.

"Wait. Where did those cut in your back come from?" Dee asked me.

"What happened??" asked Peach.

They both had really concerned looks on their faces. They really cared about me, but sadly, I still had to lie to them. I thought fast.

"When I was walking here, I tripped on a rock and fell right into a rose bush. The thorns really got me, as you can see", I managed to make up, despite how much I wanted to tell them what really happened.

"Damn, that's must've hurt. We'll help yewr clean up", said Dee.

"Yeah boo!" exclaimed Peach as she pulled rubbing alchohol and cotton balls. "I gotchu!"

I smiled. "Thanks yall." I love them, such good, considerate friends.