Chapter 5- Devonte

Devonte's POV

6:59 I woke up to my Belizean Dad banging on the door. "LEVANTATE!! Tu tienes Escuela!! (Get up! You have school in an hour!!)" he yelled. I sighed, he was my alarm clock. I rolled over on my bed until half of me hung off the bed. That was my method of getting out of bed, even though I was still half asleep. "JAVIER! VAMONOS!! (JAVIER! LET'S GO!!)" he yelled, banging on the door some more.

Devonte Javier Gonzales is my full name and I'm 17. My Mom is African American from New Jersey, and my Dad's an immigrant straight outta Belize. Trump's worst nightmare. He taught me Spanish, before teaching me English. That was until my Mother told him to teach me English while she worked during the day. He would, since he stayed home with me during the day. Now he has his owns his own auto repair shop called "Gonzales Motors" that I sometimes help out in. My Mom quit her accounting job to take care of my little sister Mia during the day.

Roc is my first cousin, our Dad's are brothers. My Dad is the older loud stricter one and his Dad's the younger chill one. Me and Roc are both the same age, he's just 3 months older than me. My birthday's April 5th and his is July the 23rd.My little sister's name is Mia. She just turned 3 last month and is about to start preschool. When I come home from school, I help her write her letters and numbers forward, instead of backwards, to get her ready for preschool. She's really smart for a 3 year old tho.

During my whole life in NYC, I've only had one girlfriend. I was loyal to her the WHOLE TIME. And what did she do? Cheat on me with my best friend. I broke up with her immediately after catching them making out in who's room? My room. I was pissed. That went down a couple of years ago when I was 15. Ever since then I've been healing.

No one at that school has ever caught my eye, except Ayana. She seems different from all the other girls. Prettiest girl I've ever met. Her skin is so chocolaty and shiny, her eyes are so big and pretty, her body is perfect, her hair is so long and and thick AND SHE HAD DIMPLES!? As soon as she was introduced to the class by Mrs Jones, I knew she had to be mine. I know how to treat a woman too. I just hope she gives me a chance.

I scrolled through the contacts on my phone, looking for her saved number. There it is. "Morning beautiful <3 <3" I texted. I put my phone down and got ready for school.  

Devonte's Description: Medium brown skin, 6'0, medium length, curly, black hair, and dimples.

..........................................................................................................................

I know this was a short chapter, the next one will be longer. This was just for y'all to get to know Devonte better. Vote and Comment. <3 <3 <3