Chapter 6- Poncho vs Dashiki

Nobody's POV

6:13

Deetranada was searching for something to wear for school. She looked through her closet and pulled out a colorful dashiki she got from the festival she went to a couple of summers ago. "This fit clean." she thought, looking at the dashiki and black jeans she laid on the bed. Key was sitting on the couch in the living room and Jermaine paced back and forth by the front door. "DEE I GOTTA WORK, HURRY UP!" he yelled upstairs. Their Mom told him to take Key and Deetranada to school on his way to work. "IGHT LEMME JUST TAKE A SHOWER" she responded, before jumping into the shower. "She prolly finna another 10 minutes Jermaine, I'd sit down if I were you." said Key, looking up from his phone

<<< <O> >>>>

"SHOTGUN!!!" declared Dee as soon as they walked outside. "Fr Dee?" said Key as he got into the backseat. "Fr Key." said she smirking.

"Anything interesting happen at school lately?" asked Jermaine as he drove.

"Weelll..." started Key. "Nova, his sister, and her boyfriend had this huge argument in the cafeteria day before yesterday."

"I ain't surprised.." said Jermaine. "His Mom said they fight like a cat and dog."

"Newrva was prolly in the wrong though. He never right about anything." said Dee, looking out the window frowning.

"You hate him don't you?" asked Jermaine.

"Always have, always will."

"..deetranova..." said Key under his breath.

"Aw hell naw!!" exclaimed Dee. "Don't start with me Keon."

Jermaine and Key busted out laughing.

"We got this new girl though, her name Ayana. She real cool." said Dee.

"Oh really?" asked Jermaine.

"Yeah she's from Brazil. She got a little accent too." said Key.

"I think Devonte likes her." said Dee.

"Oh he do?!" asked Jermaine.

"Do you even know who that is J?" asked Key.

"No."

Dee and Key laughed.

"Roc's cousin." said Dee.

"Ohhhhhh....okay." said Jermaine. "Who's Roc?"

"NEVERMIND." said Key.

They pulled up at there high school. Jermaine unlocked the doors.

"Aight y'all." he said.

Deetranada and Key got out the car and closed their doors.

"Later." said Jermaine before zooming off.

<<< <O> >>>>

It was lunchtime in the cafeteria. Dee, Skai, JI, Roc, Peachez, Key, Yara, Princeton, and Devonte all were sitting at there usual table, everyone was there. Everyone except for Ayana, who wasn't present that day, because of what happened the day before. Her bruises were so bad, she had to let them heal up a little bit before she came back to school. Devonte was a little sad when he walked into Social studies and didn't see her in her seat. He had no clue what went down yesterday, and maybe never would, because of Nicole's threat to Ayana.

"OH SO YOU COPYING MY STYLE NOW DEE?!" yelled Nova walking straight up to her. "THAT'S WHAT WE DOIN?"

He had on a Poncho and black jeans.

"Newrva, how am I copying off of you?"

"LOOK!!" he pointed at her shirt. "WE'RE PRACTICALLY WEARING THE SAME THING!"

"What do you meaaan??" asked Dee. "A PONCHO AND A DASHIKI AREN'T THE SAME THING!"

"NO, BUT THEY ARE ALIKE!"

"NEWRVA ONE'S FROM LATIN AMERICA, THE OTHER'S FROM AFRICA. EXPLAIN TO ME HOW THAT'S ALIKE!"

"I DON'T NEED TO EXPLAIN ANYTHING TO YOU!! YOU AIN'T MY MOM."

"Nova you just took the L in this argument." said Peachez.

"YEAH HOW DEE COPY OFF YOUR OUTFIT BUT SHE AIN'T EVEN SEE YOU GET READY???" said JI. "YOU NOT MAKING ANY SENSE RIGHT NOW!"

"ughh... WHY Y'ALL OUT HERE TAKING UP FOR THE COPYCAT??" yelled Nova.

"COPYCAT!?!" asked Dee, agitated. She sighed. "You get on my nerves!"

"YOU GET ON MINE TOO!" yelled Nova before walking off.

"He's got issues." said Devonte.

Everybody laughed.

"Tell me about it!" said Dee.

............................................................................................

Hey guys, I just started a new job and I've been getting adjusted, so sorry that I haven't updated in a while. This chapter was basically a play off of Season 3 episode 4 of the Rap game. When Nova thought Deetranada was copying his style, because she was wearing a Dashiki and he had on a Poncho. Make sure y'all vote and Comment <3 <3 Stay tuned for the next chapter!