4.

Triggers: mentions of suicide

Connor made sure that Evan and his mom were far away from the school before he made his towards his house. He didn't live far from school, maybe 6 minutes by foot. He kicked at a pile of damp, composing leaves on the ground and looked around. He was heading to his house, he told himself. Not his home. Home was where he had a family that loved and cared for him. His house was where he sat in the dark of his room, starving himself as the sun came and went. He pulled out his key and opened the door as quietly as he could.

"There you are!" He heard his dad say. "Where were you anyway? Doing drugs in an alley? Killing a cat?"

"It's not like you care."

"This is a family Connor. You are tearing us apart. My happiness will not be lost over a hormonal teenager."

Connor slumped his shoulders and stomped to his room, slamming the door shut. He took off his backpack and threw it against the wall, yelling into the sky. The backpack bounced off the wall and onto his bed. It opened up, spilling out crumpled papers, pills, blades, and embarrassing doodles of a certain boy that sat in front of him in History. He shoved all the junk back into his backpack and got into bed without even taking his shoes off. Tears stained his grey bedsheets. And the more Connor cried, the more blood flowed out of his wrists.