6.

The boys skipped class that day. They spent the first half of the day with their arms wrapped around each other, trying to synchronize their heartbeats. When the lunch bell rang, Connor stood up, causing Evan to fall from his comfortable position.

"Where are you going?" Evan asked.

"Let's leave. The hallways are crowded and nobody will notice us slipping away. There's not much we can do in a school bathroom anyway," Connor winked. Evan looked unsure as his gaze shifted around. "Cmon Vango," Connor persisted. "When's the last time you had real fun? When's the last time you thought 'wow I am so glad to be alive right now?' How long do want to wait for that day to come? It won't happen if you wait in a school bathroom. Let's go."

"But, Connor... my grades. I can't disappoint my mom."

"Easy," Connor replied with false confidence. He pulled his phone out of his pocket and dialed the school's number. "Yes hello," he said in a fake, middle aged woman's voice. "Evan is very sick and won't be attending school today. See! His sickness is spreading to me." He fake coughed. "It's changing my voice." After a bit, he hung up, laughing.

"Now we can go," Connor laughed.

So Connor led Evan to the school door, unlocking the door to the freedom of the outside world.