19.

Connor woke up to find Evan embracing him. He was sleeping steadily and looked peaceful, a look that didn't come easily to Evan. Connor turned around and started nuzzling his face into Evan's neck, tickling the boy awake.His eyes fluttered open and he smiled, his bridge of his nose a light shade of pink. Suddenly, the door flung open and Connor leaped out of his bed.  He opened a book and pretended he was reading. Zoe's eyes grew wide

. "Connor... you're gay?" Connor nodded, a bit embarrassed. He wasn't ready to come out yet. "Okay I won't tell. But you might want to act a little less gay since mom and dad are coming upstairs soon." Connor nodded again and Evan joined Connor on the floor.

Evan leaned into Connor's ear and started whispering things that made Connor blush and giggle. Then Connor turned to face Evan and softly put his hands on his shoulders and pushed him lightly onto the floor. Connor caved over Evan, causing him to have to reach up to kiss him. Connor leaned closer to Evan, kissing him up and down his neck. Sometimes, Connor would let his tongue slip out before he'd playfully bite Evan's ear. Evan would turn red, but tell Connor he was enjoying everything. Then he'd giggle and try to kiss Connor. Connor's hands crawled down his shirt, his lips following soon after. And he continued to walk his hands down Evan's front until he reached the button of his jeans, which he popped open with his thumb and pointer finger. 

"Wait," Evan suddenly said. "I...I'm not ready for that yet. I'm sorry." His face was flushed from embarrassment.

 "That's okay. I'm sorry I didn't ask for permission," Connor apologized as he buttoned Evan's pants gently. He sat down on his bed just as the door opened.

"Boys, come downstairs for a family discussion. I know you're technically not family, Evan, but since this discussion involves you, Larry and I want you to come. Connor... I'll give you a minute to get dressed. While he's doing that will you come with me to the hallway, Evan?" Evan nodded and reluctantly followed Cynthia into the hallway. The two stood awkwardly facing each other but not saying anything. Soon, Connor's door opened and the three of them went downstairs into the living room where Larry and Zoe were already waiting.