27.

Connor dropped Evan off at the Kleinman's house and walked him to the door just to make Jared jealous. It was pretty late, past midnight, so Evan quietly opened the door and snuck to his room. The light was on which Evan thought was strange as he vividly recalled turning it off the night before. Maybe there was a murderer or a robber or... deep breaths, deep breaths, he told himself as he opened the door. He gasped. All his belongings were broken and thrown across the room. His clothes spelled out "fuck you". Jared. It was all Jared. Great. That's exactly what he needed. Just when he thought he found a good home, he made an enemy. Evan threw off his clothes and crawled into bed where he cried himself to sleep.

The next day was a weekend which meant he had to interact with Jared. He sighed and crossed the hall to knock on Jared's door.

"Can I come in?" He politely asked. Jared grunted a response and Evan opened the door.

Jared's room was painted bright blue and covered with posters from video games and sci-fi movies. The bookshelves were lined with Star Wars figurines. His bed was unmade and his laptop was open to a YouTube video on how to make bathbombs. It had been a while since Evan had been in the room.

Jared slammed his laptop shut. 

"What do you want?" He yelled.

"I-uh just wanted to apologize, there was never anything between us. Connor and I are a couple and you are my best friend. But I don't love you. I just wanted to clarify that." Evan said while messing with the collar of his shirt. 

"Well you know what?" Jared screamed "I thought we had something. You had no right to drag me through that. You know, just ignore all my feelings. Can you think of anyone but yourself? Fuck you! Just go kill yourself!"

Evan backed out and ran to his room, locking the door. He should do it, kill himself. Nobody would miss him. That much was obvious. "Just go kill yourself!"  

Fine. I'll do it.