Chapter 3

“Luna Mikky?” I opened my eyes. Crap. It was morning.

“Luna?” I turned towards the voice. It was one of my house maid’s seven year old daughter, Kylie was her name.

“Yes, sweetie?” I smiled at her.

“Alpha Logan asked me to wake you up. He said to tell you that you have to be ready in an hour.” I groaned. I wasn’t ready to get up yet. I reluctantly sat up.

“Thank you Kylie. Go tell your Mamma that I said you can have a cupcake.” She beamed at me. I swear that girl can eat nothing but sweets and be perfectly happy.

“Thanks Luna!” She hugged me and left the room to claim her cupcake.

I flopped back into my mattress. I’ll just close my eyes for a few minutes.

“Mikky!” I bolted upright. Logan was standing next to the bed. His face was red with anger. “I sent Kylie in here over two hours ago! Our ceremony is in ten minutes!” 

Uh, oh.

“Oh, sorry Logan.” I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes.

“Get going! You have no time to sit around and wake up.” He was obviously annoyed with me.

“Relax. Everything will we fine.” I walked into my closet and took out jeans and a button down shirt. That’s as dressed up as I’m going to get in ten minutes. I threw on the clothes, having to skip a shower because there’s no time. I brushed out my hair. I didn’t look too bad for having only ten minutes. 

By now, Logan’s face turned back to its normal color, no longer redder than a tomato. 

“Let’s go Logan! We’re going to be late. Geez, you are so slow.” I attempted a joke. He glared at me. Oh,well. He’s under a lot stress today.

***

We sped through the pack house and into the meeting room, where pack meetings are held. 

“Logan!” Logan’s father was mad. “Is this how you plan to run this pack? You can’t even be on time to appointed Alpha!”

“It’s my fault, Alpha.” I still had to call him ‘Alpha’ until after the ceremony. 

“He can’t even control his own mate?” It felt weird to be called Logan’s mate. I mean we’ve been together for about two years, and I consider him mine. The Moon Goddess gives every wolf a mate, and mine is not Logan. Logan is amazing and I’m head over heels in love with him. He’s going to be my husband. I’m going to be his Luna in like fifteen minutes, but we aren’t mates.

“No one can control Mikky.” Logan rolled his eyes. “Let’s get this over with. If you’ve changed your mind about stepping down, I’m going to have to challenge you.” 

The room went silent. Logan just said he would kill his father if he had to.

“You think you are what’s best for the pack, and you’re willing to take it, even if you have to sacrifice your own father.” The Alpha spoke. “That is what it takes to be an Alpha.” 

Logan nodded. I’m not going to lie, I kind of wanted to see them fight. So, I was a tad disappointed, but with the raid last night, I wasn’t itching for violence. My wolf and I are both content for now. 

The Alpha went up on stage.

“Hello brothers and sisters!” He boomed, his voice boomed demanding submission. “I am formally stepping down as Alpha of the Rejects Rouge Pack. My successor and your new Alpha is my son, Logan.” Most rouges don’t use last names. It’s easier to disappear if needed, and it’s easier to escape our rocky pasts.