Chapter 18

RYDER’S POV

(Switches back to Mikky about half way through.)

“One chance.” My angel’s voice rang.

I smiled so wide, I thought my face would split in half.

“Really?” I asked.

“..um, yeah. If you screw this up though, I’m done. I’ll find some random guy with an accent and move on.” I love my mate, but some of the things she says is just mean.

I growled. 

When I snapped back to reality after my wolf took over, I was beyond horrified. 

I marked my beautiful mate, and not in the good way! I scarred her flawless skin. It was my fault. I hurt her. She ran away from me. Frightened. 

My wolf has never done anything like that before. 

On the bright side, it brought me and Mika together. 

If that didn’t happen, we would never have talked things out. I would never have gotten that chance. 

All in all, I guess everything happens for a reason.

“I won’t screw it up, beautiful. I can’t live without you.” I moved closer to her and reached over to hug her. She moved back slightly. 

“Nope. Mr. Alpha, you have to earn the right to even hug me. You have to prove to me that you will be a good mate.” She’s so frustrating, yet, I can’t help but love that she’s like that.

“Will you go on a date with me tonight?” I’m not sure how to ask someone out because I’ve never done it before. Before I was fifteen, it was school dating. You didn’t really go anywhere and the girls were the ones who asked me out. After Mika left, I never even looked at another girl. I mean the only kiss I’ve ever had was a peck on the cheek and I think I pecked someone on the lips before Mika of course. 

She bit her lips as if she’s thinking about it. 

I wish I was biting her lip. I stared at her lip with my eyes glazed over. I think I might even have groaned. How embarrassing!

“Lover boy!” Mika’s voice snapped me out of my daze. “Get out so I can get ready.” She ordered me confidently. Confidence has never been this sexy.

“O-okay.” I stuttered. Only my mate can do this to me. I looked at the time on my phone “How about four hours?” 

“Nine at night is a little late for a date.” She raised an eyebrow. 

“Oh. How about at eight then?” I asked nervously.

“Seven.” 

“Okay. See you in two hours then. I love you!” I winked at her gaining some confidence back. 

I’m not a wuss. I was just a little nervous asking her out. I don’t want to say the wrong thing and screw up my one chance with her.

“Alright. Get out.” 

I got up off the bed and walked out of my room. 

I wasn’t even a little bummed that she didn’t say it back. She will eventually when she’s ready, but until then I’m fine with waiting. It’ll be worth it in the end. 

“Mel,” I knocked on my sixteen year old sister’s door. 

She’s not my biological sister, but she’s the closest thing.