Chapter 4

I spent the rest of the week avoiding Logan. I understand why he’s ordering me to spy on my old pack, but that doesn’t mean I’m not pissed. When I’m forced to talk to him, I keep my voice icy. He knows he’s in the doghouse. He’s tried to fix it,but I’m not going to listen to him. My wolf is ignoring his as well. She doesn’t want to attack her ex-mate’s pack. She doesn’t want to hurt her family.

I was sitting outside, breathing in the fresh air when arms wrapped around my waist. Logan. “Get off of me!” I spat, throwing him arms away.

“Mikky, this is just immature.” He sighed.

“Immature? Ok, how about you go kill off this entire pack. Kill your childhood friends. Maybe then you’ll know how ‘immature’ I’m being!” 

“Sweetheart, I know you aren’t happy about this, but it’s for the good of the pack. This pack is your family. This pack is your friends. You haven’t talked to these people in four years.” He was using the voice he uses when scolding the pups in the pack.

“What about the other fifteen years? Logan. You say you love me, but all you are doing is hurting me. You see this..” I pointed to the mark on my neck. “This is your mark. This is proof that you are supposed to protect me. Forcing me to kill my family isn’t protecting me.”

”Babe, I love you. I want to protect you, but the pack comes first. We need you to fight with us. This about how many pack members you saved during the raid last week. They would all be dead without you.” He tried rubbing my back soothingly, but I moved away from his touch.

“I need some time away from you right now. I am loyal to this pack. You are loyal to this pack. But I need to be with someone who will put me first. Until you can prove that you want to protect me, I think I’ll sleep in a guest bedroom.” I turned my back to him. He growled, but didn’t comment.

“Us and a hundred wolves are staying at Blue Mountain’s territory for a while. We're heading to Blood Moon two days after we get to Blue Mountain.” He walked away from me.

***

I jogged down to our pack gym. I punched a punching bag pretending it was Logan. It was torn from the ceiling within seconds. Sal, the pack trainer, is going to be pissed if I make another hole in the ceiling. I told his that he should figure out a different way to hang up the punching bags so that they are stronger, but no, he didn’t listen.

I moved to another punching bag and started taking out my frustration and rage again.

I don’t know what has gotten into Logan lately, but he better snap out of it or I’m going to have to run. 

***

I was in mine and Logan’s room packing. And by packing, I mean angrily throwing random stuff into a suitcase.

When I’m mad, the whole pack knows. I’m not the type of person to suffer in silence. On my way back from the gym, I crushed some kid’s ice cream cone, ripped the head off a doll, and even popped a balloon from someone’s birthday party in the park.

I flopped back on to the bed and screamed, kicking my legs. I wasn’t crying or anything, just trying to let out leftover anger that I couldn’t punch out at the gym.

“MIKKY!” Logan bursted through the door. He took one look at me and calmed down. “Really? A temper tantrum? Come on, let’s talk for real now.” I ignored him and kept screaming. “I’ll wait until you are done.” He sighed and sat in a nearby chair.