Chapter 8

The sun's bright rays woke me up too goddamn early. I growled and rolled over, trying to get a few more hour's shut eye. 

I laid there for over fifteen minutes. 

Nope. Not going back to sleep. 

I reluctantly got up. 

I'm leaving today!

The human side of my is ecstatic. I know I have to get out here because if I don't soon, I might never leave. 

However, the wolf side of me wants to stay. Scratch that. She's demanding that I stay. 

But I’m leaving with Logan whether I have to completely quiet my wolf or not. 

I opened the door and all of the sudden, I was on the floor with something heavy on top of me. My instincts kicked in and I fought swinging my arms and jerking my legs, trying to free myself. 

"Mikayla..." That voice. 

Ryder. 

"What the hell!" I yelled, getting back on my feet. He must have been leaning again the door so that when I opened it, he fell on top of me. 

"How long were you out there?"

"Since you stormed off..." he grumbled.

Last night? My wolf purred thinking that he cared. Sleeping in one hallway doesn’t erase everything.

It’s only natural for my wolf to want to be with her mate, no matter what he does.

“That was just stupid, Ryder.” I rolled my eyes at him. “You should go. I’m going to get Logan for breakfast. Then, I’m packing. We can finish up whatever pack business is necessary and I’ll be gone by dusk.”

“What part of you’re not leaving do you not understand?!” His eyes were black.

Calm his wolf down. Tell him we love him and that we would never leave him. My wolf told me.

I’m not going to lie to Ryder. 

“Listen, you had a chance! I’m not going to fall back into your trap again! I want you to stop messing with my wolf’s emotions. She’s strong, but everyone has their limits. If you speak to me again, I’m getting in my car and I’m leaving thar minute. Haven’t you done enough damage? Haven’t you hurt me enough?” I ran a hand through my hair. I took a deep breath and shoved him to the side, walking out the door. I felt a zap that was our mate bond. I tried to ignore it. 

It took everything in me not to turn around and run into his arms. I imagine it would feel like my whole body’s on fire. 

I managed to make my way downstairs. Logan was sitting at the kitchen counter, sipping coffee.

“Hi.” I wrapped my arms loosely around him from behind.

“Good morning my Luna.” He grabbed my hand from where it rested on his chest and kissed the back of it.

“Can we leave soon?” I asked. The sooner I get away from Ryder, the better. I don’t trust myself around him.

“Sweetie, you know I still have business to do. We’ll leave as soon as I’m done.”

“I’m just home sick.” I sighed leaning into him. The wolves around us thought I was talking about Blue Mountain, but I know that Logan knows I’m talking about The Rejects.

The kitchen door swung open and in walked my brother with one other male pack mate.

“And she just tears through people. Not a care in the world. She doesn’t give a second thought to killing. I don’t even think she has a conscience. It’s sick and twisted.” The pack mate was telling my brother.

“You shouldn’t listen to rumors, Jeremiah. Ruthless is a myth. A story to to scare pups. No one is that cruel and powerful.” My blood ran cold. I am Ruthless. My brother thinks I’m a horror story. If he knew, he would hate me. 

“Jay, I’d like to get the meeting over with. My mate,” My wolf growled at him. It was difficult to keep it inside.

I’m not his mate! Ryder is mine. I do not belong to Logan!

Shut up you, stupid mutt!

“is a little anxious to get home. She has never been away from home this long before.”

“As much as I’d like to stall my little sister’s departure, I’ll get Ryder.”

A few moments later, Ryder was standing in the kitchen.

“Mikky, my love, why don’t you go pack. I don’t think the meeting will be long, but I don’t want to bore you.” This was part of the plan. 

“Sure. Thanks.” I leaned up and kissed him on the cheek. Ryder growled, but didn’t say a word. I like that he took my threat seriously.

I sat up in my room for ten minutes. Once everyone was in the pack room for the meeting, I snuck into Logan’s office. It was locked, but who doesn’t know how to pick a lock these days?

I went through his computer and files. I copied everything on patrols, numbers, and training techniques. 

When I finished, I locked the door up again.

“What are you doing?” A voice yelled at me.

____________________________________

Wow, I didn't realize how short this chapter was until I added it on here! 

Sorry!

I need to step up my game, huh?

At least one is better than none.

I'll add another chapter this weekend to make up for this short one. 

I wont make any more this short.

Vomment!

Anubis xx