Chapter 19

Cliche time! Melissa dragged me down the stairs. 

“RYDER!” Screamed down the stairs.

“WHAT?!” He yelled back. 

They may not be related by blood, but they are sooo siblings.

“ARE YOU READY?!”

“YEAH!”

“OKAY, WE’RE COMING DOWNSTAIRS NOW THEN!”

“Ever heard of inside voices? Geez.” I mumbled.

I walked down the stairs with Melissa trailing closely behind me. 

Ryder was at the bottom of the stairs staring at me as if I was the only girl in the room. His eyes were even slightly glazed. That’ll boost a girl’s ego.

“Keep your tongue in your mouth wolf boy. I don’t look that much different than I normally do.” 

“You normally look gorgeous, but just the thought that you dressed for me, makes it so much hotter.” He practically groaned the last part.

“Calm down. I want to do on this date now and there’s no time for you to take a cold shower.” I joked.

That just made his eyes glaze over even more. “What if you take the shower with me? Is there time then?”

Tempting.

“Let’s go. Out to the car.” I rushed him out to the car. 

I don’t know cars, but even I knew what a Ferrari looks like. It was black and spotless. I can tell he loves his car. As long as he doesn’t name it, I don’t care.

(Pic of the car on the side -----> )

He opened the car door for me. Who says chivalry is dead?

I slipped into the car and he gently cosed the door. 

He got into the driver’s side. “Mika, meet Mikayla.”

“I’m confused.” I answered honestly.

“Mate, meet my Car, Mikayla.”

“You named your car after me? I have no idea how to respond to that.” 

“That does sound a little weird doesn’t it?” He rubbed the back of his neck.

“I think I’m flattered? But let’s not name the car.” 

“Yeah...” Awkward....

I broke the silence.“Hey, when did you change?” I gestured towards his black jeans and tight white v neck. He was in sweat pants before.

“You were in the shower and Melissa let me in the room for a minute so I could get clothes.” 

“Ooh. So, where are we going?” I asked.

“There’s a fair a few towns over. I figure we could go there. It’ll be light and fun. Since I only had two hours to plan the date, I thought that I would save the giant romantic gesture for another time. I honestly just want to spend time with you.” He explained.

“A fair sounds fun and I agree. I think we’ve talked about enough heavy stuff for at least a week. Plus, it’s a good idea to keep it light if we’re going to go slow.”

Ryder pulled into the fair ground. I was surprised he didn’t start to cry when he dirtied his car by driving in mud. In fact, he didn’t even blink.

“Wait here.” He winked at me.

He opened my door for me and offered his arm to me.

“I’m more of a holding hands type of girl.” I smirked at him.