Chapter 24

My eyes shot open.

The light burned my eyes and made my head pound.

I tried to move my arm over my eyes, but I couldn’t move.

Yesterday’s memories ran through my mind.

I tried to sit up, but I was tied to a bed. 

I pulled at the restraints, but they were made of pure silver. 

Silver doesn’t burn wolves, but it deflates our strength and ruins our ability to heal quickly.

I surveyed my surrounding. 

I was on a king sized bed in the middle of what looks to be a suite in a hotel. The walls were painted dark red and the sheets on the bed were black. There was a big screened television hanging on the wall net to paintings. The closet’s door was open about six inches and I could just see a fully stocked wardrobe. 

There was a huge window taking up almost the whole wall to the left of me. It was covered by a black curtain. 

It looked like a bedroom to a mansion, but on the nightstand next to me, there was a brochure for Montgomery’s Paradise Hotel

The door opened and I tried to strain my neck to see who it was, but the door was too far behind me to see it.

“Mikky, babe. You’re awake! God, I missed you.” 

What?

“What is going on here?” I looked into the familiar green eyes. 

“I brought you here. Being around that man who pretends to be your mate was clouding you are your wolf’s judgment.”

“How did you find me?” I didn’t even know what state I’m in.

“Your bank card. I’m Alpha now. The Alpha bank account was switched over to me. I got an alert of a large withdraw. I knew it was your way of calling me. You wanted me to find you. It was a long run, but you’re worth it. Once I got to that town, I picked up your scent and followed it to a street. I called a cab company and offered a large amount of money to anyone with information about you. Your driver stepped right up and told me where you were staying.”

He walked over to me and kissed my forehead.

I tried backing away from him, but I couldn’t move far being tied down and all.

“I told you I was taking you home.” Jason backed away from me.

“And I told you that I’m not going back. I’m not even staying with Blood Moon anymore. I’m a lone wolf. I’m sick of pack life.”

He ignored me. “I was enchanted by you the second I saw you, but Logan snatched you up. He didn’t even like you like I did, he was just made that I had more Alpha influence than him. That all doesn’t matter now. He’s finally dead. I’m just glad I didn’t have to do it myself. Now, I can finally be with my mate.” He looked at me lovingly.

Mate?

What happened to the annoying jokester Jason was back at the Rejects Rogue Pack?

“You know we are not mates, right?” I asked him slowly.

“Of course we’re mates. You can be so forgetful sometimes.” Jason chuckled.

“You rejected your mate. Remember? You walked in and saw her with another man?” 

“That whore? She wasn’t my mate. She was a slut. My mate has class. She is strong.” He walked over to me and started twirling my hair. 

What the hell?