Nine

*Four months later*

"Lindsay get your ass up and get off the damn phone to your little friend!" I hear Melony shout and I roll my eyes.
"Okay I'm coming!" I shout back. "Sorry Shawn but I got to go, it was nice talking to you as usual." I lightly laugh and so does he.
"It's okay tell Melony I said hello."
We say our goodbyes and I hang up.
I hop out of my bed and throw on an oversized guns n roses t-shirt dress and black boots.

I put my hair into a messy bun

I put my hair into a messy bun. I then apply BB cream all over my face, I fill in my eyebrows lightly and put on some mascara.
I make my way into my kitchen and I see Melony sitting down scrolling through her phone.
"Finally you're done talking!" She exclaims and I scoff at her. "Look, he seems cool and all but you've never met in person. I know he's busy and he's growing more and more but don't you think you should meet him in the flesh? It's been four months!" She half shouts.
"Would you keep it down my mom is asleep she has work at 3am and I knew you a year and a half before you moved to Toronto." I quietly scold her and she puts her hands up in defence.
*
We're back from mucking around in the city. Literally all we did was get food, get good photos together and of each other and come back to mine.
I feel my phone vibrate and Melony gives me a look.
"Shawn?" She asks as I check my phone and I nod my head. "What did he say?" She asks, grabbing my phone. I take my phone back and tap my nose causing her to groan.
I enter Shawn and I's DM's on Instagram.

Shawnmendes: hey :)

LindsayFitz: wassup

Shawnmendes: oh wow

LindsayFitz: really though, what's up?

Shawnmendes: nothing, you?

LindsayFitz: the same
LindsayFitz: well I'm with Melony but that's no surprise

Shawnmendes: tell her I said hey :)

"Shawn says hi." I bluntly tell her and she wiggles her eyebrows.
"Tell him I say hello." She tells me and I nod my head.

LindsayFitz: she said hello

Shawnmendes: good haha, I can't wait till I get home I miss Pickering

LindsayFitz: WAIT, you're from Pickering?

Shawnmendes: yeah why?

LindsayFitz: I live in Toronto, like 35/40 minutes away from Pickering

Shawnmendes: we have to meet up when I'm home!
Shawnmendes: which is in two weeks 😝
LindsayFitz: how long will you be home for??

Shawnmendes: well when I'm home I'll have interviews and songwriting here and there and some days at the studio but other than that I'm home for six months.. you get me

LindsayFitz: we have to meet up

"Oh my gosh Melony guess what!" I squeal and she shushes me.
"What?" She asks me and I start crazily smiling. "Spit it out rather than looking like a serial killer." She chuckles and I shove her.
"Shawn is from Pickering!" I exclaim and she furrows her eyebrows.
"Cool.. what's the catch though?" She asks me.
"He's coming home in two weeks and he wants to meet me! He's home for six months but he said he'll have work 'here and there' but other than that he's home for a whole six months." I gush and she smiles at me.
"Why don't you stay with your dad for a couple of months? He lives in Pickering right?" She suggests and I sigh.
"It's not that easy. I only go to Pickering for the entire summer which is for a whole three months. Summer isn't for another three months." I explain and she nods her head.
"It's not illegal to stay with your dad and his wife for an extra month or two." She shrugs.
"Yeah but it's sort of illegal for me to not go back to school without officially dropping out which is something I'm not going to do." I tell her. She sits in thought for a while.
"Hm well I'm coming to Pickering with you this summer cause last year I never got to because your dads house wasn't finished and there wasn't room." She tells me and I nod my head.
"Of course you're coming." I chuckle.
"Why don't you just transfer to a school in Pickering?" Melony suggests and I shake my head.
"No, I'm not going to move all the ways to my dads and leave you, my mom, my two brothers and everyone else. Even school." I explain and she rolls her eyes.
"Then don't complain if you don't get to spend an entire six months with Shawn. Three shall be enough. So, if I hear any complaints about it I will kick your ass." Melony half jokes and I chuckle at her.
"Besides, I can always drive to see him it's not that big of a deal." I trail off, Melony nodding and agreeing with me.

Shawnmendes: can't wait till I finally get to hold you for real. See you soon!